WF3 anyone?

Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1 WF3 anyone?

Post by Dave the bass »

Anyone from here going to WF3?

I've booked a Friday night at Pat's Rectory gaff again in anticipation. She has other rooms available if anyone wants cheap B+B.

I can do the Friday Social and munch-up and the whole of Saturday but will be leaving Saturday night about 7-8pm to get back home for Sunday.

Hope to see some of you Gents there.

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Yes, i was hoping to, I sent Martin a PM about it. And Colin was asking where peeps were planning on staying.

I must give Pat a call and see if she still has rooms. Dave, can you PM me the number if you have it to hand?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

You got PM Mr G.

Fancy hearing SE Heaven in the flesh? I could bring it up. Might have DHTski finished too by then. Or theres my Heavy plinthed GL75 + u/p...or theres WD88VA....oooohhh...so many toys :D

DTB
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

I'm in a quandry, really can't bring much on the train, and its a chuffin long way to drive in a single stint.

I'll look at train times and see what they have.

cheers,

-- Andrew
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Well, as always Andrew, you are welcome to stop half way at mine if it helps,
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Nick,

so is the Tenting idea loosing favour over staying in B&B place with BTB and others?

If so and rooms are available when you phone can you book me in as well, please.

Colin
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

Me too! And I might need to take you up on the offer.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Well, I do know that the Rectory is a ok place to stay. I will phone today and see whats available.

Other than that there is the Travelodge at £39 a night. I think Paul and SteveS stayed there last time so that should be ok.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Rooms at Pats place are £25 a night for anyone on a budget. Basic but brekkie's good and it's only a short stroll from various Public Houses that sell that Alcohol infused Brown Beer stuff we all seem to like a bit.

DTB
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Public Houses that sell that Alcohol infused Brown Beer stuff we all seem to like a bit.
What!, there is alcohol in that stuff, why didn't anyone tell me?
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Nick wrote:
What!, there is alcohol in that stuff, why didn't anyone tell me?
We didn't want to bring attention to the landlord that you may have been under 18 :D

DTB
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Nick,

was you thinking of travelling up Friday night and having a 2-night stayover?

I'm a little concerned leaving my Acorns and gm70 amps in my car overnight. If we can leave our gear in the venue room Friday night then I'm fine with this arrangement otherwise I'll travel up Saturday morning and just stay over Saturday night.

Colin
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Toppsy:
was you thinking of travelling up Friday night and having a 2-night stayover?
That was my plan.
If we can leave our gear in the venue room Friday night then I'm fine with this arrangement otherwise I'll travel up Saturday morning and just stay over Saturday night.
Well, I haven't heard from Martin if I am allow to attend having left the WD forum, but I would check with him, I don't know where the new place is, I don;t think its as close to Pat's as last time, so it might not be possible to get stuff in on Friday. Check with Martin.

Andrew:
Me too! And I might need to take you up on the offer.
Fine, what nights would you be thinking of staying at Pats? Just so I know before phoneing.

They could have all gone now anyway.
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

Nick, if this works out then whatever you are, I guess, so Friday & Sat.

We may have to share at Pats, she has lots of twin rooms, but its is cheaper than the Travel Lodge. I stayed in the Laura Ashley suite last time! It was quite an experience, but the breakfast was excellent!

When I've had beer I fart and I snore, just so everyone knows.

cheers and thanks,

-- Andrew
Last edited by Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

I have posted the question to Martin over 'tother forum regarding Friday night arrangement of our gear. Will let you know soonest his reply.
Well, I haven't heard from Martin if I am allow to attend having left the WD forum
Don't be silly of cause you will be made welcome, you can come as my guest. These events wouldn't be the same without the likes of you. :?

Colin