MC pre-amps

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
shane
Social outcast

#1 MC pre-amps

Post by shane »

For many years I’ve been a devotee of MC cartridges, and have been using a pair of (I think) ex-BBC Partridge microphone transformers, but recently I’ve been wondering about using a pre-amp instead.
Now, my hand has been forced. We moved house just before Christmas last year, and I’ve just got around to unpacking the TT2. No sign of the transformers anywhere.
As a last resort I’m going to search the shed on Monday when the rest of the family are out of the way, but in the mean time, does anyone have any recommendations? Budget, as ever, is limited. Kits or DIY plans welcome.
A preliminary search found this on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124433997549
but I’ve no idea if it’s any good.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#2 Re: MC pre-amps

Post by Ali Tait »

Don't know what you want to spend Shane, but these are very good-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313534746987 ... %3A2334524
shane
Social outcast

#3 Re: MC pre-amps

Post by shane »

Thanks Ali, probably a bit above budget. I’m aiming at £100 -£150, and I’d quite like a bit of a project.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Nick
Site Admin

#4 Re: MC pre-amps

Post by Nick »

I would try that PCB, nothing to lose other a bit of time and a bit of cash.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.