Zero emission road vehicles.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Greg
Social outcast

#61 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by Greg »

PS, your reply option is not working propably. My last post should not have been included/shown in your original envelope.
Nick
Site Admin

#62 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by Nick »

Greg wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:03 pm PS, your reply option is not working propably. My last post should not have been included/shown in your original envelope.

I cant help if you type before the closing quote tag.
Like I did there.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Nick
Site Admin

#63 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by Nick »

Looking at your post there was a extra quote opening tag.

Code: Select all

[quote=Nick post_id=180981 time=1602879501 user_id=2]
[quote]
Oil change every 10k/1 Year, I plan to not do that much in a year, so an annual oil change should be ok. Break fluid every two years. A minor service is £191, major £291. Its an indulgence but what the heck.
[/quote]

That’s very good. Many punters are paying that and more for their rubbish commuter small cars. Well done!
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Neal
Shed dweller

#64 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by Neal »

pre65 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:21 pm
vinylspinner wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:49 pm I can picture Phil in a Shelby AC Cobra, wearing a cloth cap and puffing on a pipe full of Mellow something or other.
A few years ago we had a trip round the Morgan factory, which was interesting, and in the shop they had some VERY nice leather (flying style) jackets. I tried one on, but when I saw the price I was dumbfounded.

So yes, a flying jacket, cloth cap, string back leather gloves and white silk scarf will do nicely. :lol:

There is a firm in Saffron Walden (XCS designs) who do Cobra replicas with camber compensated front and rear suspensions and supercharged 6.2 Chevy v8 engines -------------- COOL. :mrgreen:

Not sure about the pipe, but maybe a hip flask full of Wincarnis. :wink:
Sounds like you need an MGB! Or T series roadster :D
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#65 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by pre65 »

Neal wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:49 pm Sounds like you need an MGB! :D
I've got the ideal MGB-gt mapped out in my head.

Late heritage shell with Rv8 front suspension, full Hoyle IRS conversion with LSD and big minilite type wheels fitting nicely under Sebring style arches.

Add a 450hp Chevrolet LS V8 engine and Tremec 6 speed manual box and stir in a few choice goodies then get in and have fun.

There are such cars on the road (mainly USA) and they are not as insane as one might first think. :wink:

Something like this.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
shane
Social outcast

#66 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by shane »

Can’t see the photo, Phil.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#67 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by simon »

I was taken for a spin in a 1969 Corvette Stingray once. Brutal. In a scary way.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#68 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by pre65 »

shane wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:32 am Can’t see the photo, Phil.

Try
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... egUIARDOAQ

Edmund Burke

shane
Social outcast

#69 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by shane »

Nice.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#70 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by Ray P »

simon wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:30 am I was taken for a spin in a 1969 Corvette Stingray once. Brutal. In a scary way.
One of my colleagues has a Corvette Stingray, he loves it...
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Neal
Shed dweller

#71 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by Neal »

If I was going for an MGB GT it would be along the lines of this:

Not that I can afford it though!
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#72 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by pre65 »

Quite nice, I like the wind up - nearly had me fooled. :)

What gave it away was the direct acting brake servo and dual master cylinder.

Edmund Burke

JohnG
Old Hand

#73 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by JohnG »

I am all excited over the Tesla Cybertruck.
A 0-60 in 2.9 Seconds 500 Mile Range Pick Up Truck 8) and 8) 8)
A friend has a name down on the List and is trying to sell me the idea of adding myself.

He has a Excel Spreadsheet Produced for Showing the running costs of his Tesla at Present off as a comparison to running a Pre Owned Bema and Present Wife owned Bema.

With the Tax Incentives and other cost savings and the fact the owned Tesla has needed no additional works to be carried out in any manner, the Tesla is a very attractive option as a vehicle, if all the benefits of owning one can be achieved by the owner.

The Tesla owner showed me how a recent trip to Germany worked out.
I am familiar with Driving through Germany and could not see any inconvenience in any manner as a result of not depending on Fossil Fuel.
You need to get out and Stretch and use a facility every 200ish Miles, so using a Tesla Fast Charge Point at such a time is totally acceptable on such a Journey.

The other concept made known, is the Lease Battery idea, I was informed that a Carwash type facility will be used to drive into and have a Automated Battery Exchange carried out in a matter of minutes.
As the Battery will be on lease, a supplied battery will always be one with a Maximum efficiency and not have any noticeable loss of life.
This as a concept should be appealing to lots of people as Battery Degrade will be a real deal breaker when the used Market is common place.
Nick
Site Admin

#74 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by Nick »

As the Battery will be on lease, a supplied battery will always be one with a Maximum efficiency and not have any noticeable loss of life.
Are you interested in buying a bridge?

Electric van's have been sold with leased batteries for some years now, but you may be conflating leased batteries with battery swap as a fast charge method.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#75 Re: Zero emission road vehicles.

Post by Ali Tait »

If manufacturers can agree on a standardised battery pack I think a battery swap system is a good idea. Just as quick as filling up.