Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Subjects that don't have their own home
JohnG
Old Hand

#16 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by JohnG »

Should Re-Title the thread to 'Bodgers at Work' :D
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#17 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by pre65 »

JohnG wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:23 am Should Re-Title the thread to 'Bodgers at Work' :D
Well John, there are bodgers, and there are bodgers. :lol:

To my mind a "bodge" is doing something in (perhaps) a different way to "normal" but using common sense tinged with a little "engineering" ability.

The other way is to f**k things up through sheer incompetence. :(
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
JohnG
Old Hand

#18 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by JohnG »

I would like to think my efforts fall into the 'first description', as I do like them to go unnoticed for a decent amount of time.

I do know I've got quite a few of the 'second description' behind me as well. :oops:
steve s
Shed dweller

#19 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by steve s »

JohnG wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:23 am Should Re-Title the thread to 'Bodgers at Work' :D
There's alot of skill in a thinking up a good bodge I'll have you know !
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#20 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by pre65 »

steve s wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:58 am
How did the brazing go on the Gold Star frame Steve ?

Edmund Burke

steve s
Shed dweller

#21 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by steve s »

pre65 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:00 pm
steve s wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:58 am

How did the brazing go on the Gold Star frame Steve ?
I got the torch from China a few weeks back but I've not tried it yet,
The goldstar is not on Lesleys important list... and I'm busy on the amplifiers at the moment
I need to move the goldstar to get at the compressor I'm going to use with the torch .
Alot of bike frames where braized with coal gas / air torches.. fingers crossed !

Since we have been in self isolation it's like having a boss.. today she's gone shopping for her mum.. a few hours peace !! I'll get soldering when she comes back.. Otherwise I'll have to hear an hour's worth of her re living her mum's news. I dont think we're compatable..
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
JohnG
Old Hand

#22 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by JohnG »

Following the recent inspiration received from a Family Member about his 'STAY AT HOME' cycling set up, using a Bike Training Stand.
In my search to support that great suggestion, I discovered a great idea as shown in the link,
I thought that would be a great idea to share in this thread, it is just so timely.

The added benefit of pursuing such a great idea, is that a few of my present activities are to be satisfied if I wish.

I can prepare to do some batch cooking for the freezer and the Vulnerable Family Members who are being supported.

I can use the Rolling Pins, prior to their being re-purposed to make Pastry for the Batch Prepared Pies to be Frozen and distributed to the other dwellings freezer.

Then when these culinary experiences are done, I can take on a low risk DIY project and to produce the design as shown in the link.

I own everything to produce this inspiring design, minus the Rolling Pins, but the great news is that,
when the Vulnerable Family Members needs are being met, the ingredients for the Pies can be purchased, as well as the three rollers, so win win win.

The In laws, are to receive some of my home cooking for their freezer , my freezer will have a good few meals awaiting to be devoured, I get a chance to use the Battery Drill Set, and WOO HOO :bounce: ,
I get a chance to produce a, Simple to achieve Project ( That Might Prove Useful) and get the chance to trial a 'STAY AT HOME' cycling exercise device.

Isn't that just so timely, especially at a time when all who are expressing a deep concern about every bodies welfare
is asking " The Single Most Important Thing You can Do Is STAY AT HOME To Help Save Lives"

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#23 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by pre65 »

Thinking of you, on a cycle, on that DIY roller contraption = an accident waiting to happen.

Sorry, but you'd be better off buying something proper. You can afford it. :wink:

The one I have has variable resistance (important) and a display to measure effort and milage. It's a Cateye Cyclosimulator CS1000.

Edmund Burke

JohnG
Old Hand

#24 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by JohnG »

But does it Make Pies :)
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#25 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by pre65 »

JohnG wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:39 pm But does it Make Pies :)
Sadly , no.

But, if you increase the resistance a bit it will negate the effects of said pies on your waistline. :)

Do your scales a favour. :lol: :lol:

Edmund Burke

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#26 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by pre65 »

Cateye cyclosimulator.

Edmund Burke

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#27 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by pre65 »

Actually John, I thought you would get one custom made, probably by a master craftsman in a wood hut halfway up the Orinoco. Using some rare hardwood (the name of which would be secret) and running on F1 spec bearings using a space age lubricant that only NASA know about. :lol:

Edmund Burke

JohnG
Old Hand

#28 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by JohnG »

A 'simple to achieve project' to consider that can have a good outcome for the those individuals spending time out in their Gardens,
if one is involved in doing a little more than their usual House Keeping.

A few pieces of unwanted Wood, can be transformed into something similar to the DIY Build shown in the Link.

If built and positioned in a manner it can be observed from a regularly used vantage point in the home, if used,
it can offer a valuable shelter all year round, and offer a point of interest throughout the whole year to a home owner.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/482800022545789133/
steve s
Shed dweller

#29 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by steve s »

JohnG wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:40 am A 'simple to achieve project' to consider that can have a good outcome for the those individuals spending time out in their Gardens,
if one is involved in doing a little more than their usual House Keeping.

A few pieces of unwanted Wood, can be transformed into something similar to the DIY Build shown in the Link.

If built and positioned in a manner it can be observed from a regularly used vantage point in the home, if used,
it can offer a valuable shelter all year round, and offer a point of interest throughout the whole year to a home owner.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/482800022545789133/
John.. if a jobs worth doing.....

purplemartinhouse_img_3307-1_copy_1024x1536.jpg
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#30 Re: Simple to achieve Projects ( That Might Prove Useful)

Post by Ray P »

Well, if the job is really worth doing...

Sorry, I couldn't resist!