Owston 2020

Subjects that don't have their own home
Ant
Shed dweller

#31 Re: Owston 2020

Post by Ant »

I wouldn't have had the type 3 lenco I built if it hadn't been for this orrible lurgy so I'd have fetched if it'd have fit in the car. So that so people could look at it. Maybe connected it to someone's system
One day I might fetch a system again
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#32 Re: Owston 2020

Post by Paul Barker »

Ant wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:26 pm I wouldn't have had the type 3 lenco I built if it hadn't been for this orrible lurgy so I'd have fetched if it'd have fit in the car. So that so people could look at it. Maybe connected it to someone's system
One day I might fetch a system again
Whenever we get together properly I’ll bring the amp for that system, and the 6’ by 3’ plasterboard Open Baffles I brought once before, when they commanded their space well. I have a phono stage and a sut but neither are the sexy ones people pay 10 times as much for. So if anyone wants to volunteer for coupling Anth’s turntable to my power amp, end result would be better undoubtedly.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#33 Re: Owston 2020

Post by izzy wizzy »

Owston 2019 lit a creative fire under my DIYery. Thanks to all for the inspiration. I'd bring the GM70 amps much fettled since, phono updated and refined, Tannoys with crossovers wired and setup properly this time with TT and line amp as before. If there was time, I'd love to dig out the Acoustat ESLs to see how they go (have to build frames) since the room seems to be better for OB type things so I'm told. Maybe leave the Tannoys at home if it all doesn't fit in the van. Fingers crossed we get a go at this some time in future.