Triangular speaker cabinets.

We all start somewhere
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#76 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

People should read posts properly and stop twisting them.
steve s
Shed dweller

#77 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

Post by steve s »

Briggs wrote in the 50's about a balanced sound
If you remove a little bass the rest of the sound changes
I've used plenty of slightly bass light set ups when I trial open baffles...every time the mids sound 'more' when the bass is light

Its the opposite when you you remove the very top end
The sound is heavier and less detailed

In reality the mids are the same?
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
steve s
Shed dweller

#78 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

Post by steve s »

ed wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:29 pm just had one of those memory moments...pertinent to the original thread subject

Steve Shiels and I attended the one and only diyaudio meet to be held in Britain. It was way back in the day. One of my most focussed memories was from a chap who had a pair of triangular cross section cabs for a Jordan JX thingy. The cabs were about 3 feet tall and each face was about 6 inches wide. Driver was about 6 inches from the top. All with fuzzy/focussed memory.

What I do remember was that they were the star of the show. The chap kept reminding us it was all about standing waves. Star of the show except myself and Steve that is.

I also remember using a similar approach for my Almo speakers which used a 6 sided line, and they were quite popular for a time.
Was a good day that Edd
You have a fair point about the star of the show
Was an average sound

Forums are funny places, someone with a big key board gob tells us how good his very average gear is and evey body wants
But not here so much, we all started out with average gear and come a long way since ...
Mr Quinn should pack all his gear up in his buggy and bring it along to owston, that would be the best hi fi learning curve of his life ... It has been for many of us

The main learning point being there are more ways to get a better than average sound than the one you own
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#79 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

It is time for some truth. There are good people here and there are some sad twisted people. Reality would be to comment on what is actually said (with quotes) not confirming with comment things that just didn't happen apart from agenda driven twists on reality. And we end up in the situation as in this last post that the twist becomes the subject until it becomes the new reality. You are quite simply referring and talking about things that were not said and didn't happen. I am beginning to see a lot of this here and the people doing it need to be brought to rights.

Your problem Mr steve s is you are talking about the twists, not the reality. Go to DQ posts (not the lies that follow it) and read and then make your comment. At NO point did he say anything that you refer to, and you end up insulting him with repeated lies. I have had it done to me since I came back to post and some of you really need to look at your behaviour.
steve s
Shed dweller

#80 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

Post by steve s »

In my view you have put quite a spin or twist on my post !

Nice one...
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#81 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Your post makes little sense but has 3 direct insults

1. I have a big keyboard gob
2. I am deluded as to the quality of my hifi .
3. I have very average product - are you guessing ?

It does not address any of the points I make , you do not even establish that why if my hifi is average as you claim , it is germane to anything I have said in this thread. There is no relationship to the quality of my hifi and the veracity of any post I have made in this thread , if you think there is then FFS stop insulting people and make a proper point .

No spin necessary
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#82 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

steve s wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:16 am In my view you have put quite a spin or twist on my post !

Nice one...
My post is the opposite it is trying to untwist the comments back to what was actually said. Please comment on what was said.
steve s
Shed dweller

#83 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

Post by steve s »

If you want to take them as direct insults thats up to you, but my comments where not intended as direct insults.
Sorry you read them that way...
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#84 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

THE TRUTH and reality will get nowhere on this forum as long as these distortions are allowed to pass without comment, it just hi-jacks the thread.

Recent incidents of it have been far too regular. Some people need to turn their brains on before they post - "not intended as direct insults" :roll: how can they be viewed in any other way,
shane
Social outcast

#85 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

Post by shane »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:54 am I am beginning to see a lot of this here and the people doing it need to be brought to rights.
So should every post now be vetted by the thought police?

You're beginning to sound like my old geography teacher.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#86 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

Post by Daniel Quinn »

steve s wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:35 am If you want to take them as direct insults thats up to you, but Sorry you read them that way...
:mrgreen:

I know we live in a post modern world and the concept of truth is becoming more elastic everyday , but come on have some self respect in the veracity of what you post . Just because you say it , doesn't mean its not ridiculous .

someone with a big key board gob tells us how good his very average gear is and evey body wants
But not here so much, we all started out with average gear and come a long way since

my comments where not intended as direct insults.
[/
b] :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
steve s
Shed dweller

#87 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

Post by steve s »

Are forums about expressing opinion in the main
The truth is hard to validate in this format

Daniel... The correct word was indirect
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#88 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

Problem is solved by quoting what you are commenting on, then at least some resemblance of reality can be retained.
steve s
Shed dweller

#89 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

Post by steve s »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 am Problem is solved by quoting what you are commenting on, then at least some resemblance of reality can be retained.
That's a fair point but I hate quotes... its just the traffics been a little quicker than usual, I can normally get away with it
Last edited by steve s on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#90 Re: Triangular speaker cabinets.

Post by Daniel Quinn »

So you meant to indirectly insult me irrelevantly 3 times .

I can live with that largely semantic qualification . :wink: