The treacherous post Owston drive home strikes again.

andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#16 Re: The treacherous post Owston drive home strikes again.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I'll phone Fortnum & M right away!

should make the best of it eh!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#17 Re: The treacherous post Owston drive home strikes again.

Post by Mike H »

andrew Ivimey wrote:Ain't no thing as a free lunch. .. Do you get lunch thrown in? - lobster thermidore and champagne.
Actually yes we did. Well sarnies and tea / coffee. Well yes OK, which we hd to buy...

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#18 Re: The treacherous post Owston drive home strikes again.

Post by Mike H »

pre65 wrote:
andrew Ivimey wrote:I'd be delighted to accept such a welcome education
You have to pay !!

I seem to remember it cost more than the fine, but you don't get an endorsement on your licence.
Went up to around £100 -ish, think it was £62 or something when I did mine.

Not all county councils offer it tho, but if available and you opt for it means not only no points on licence, but also no insurance hike. We were told do not tell your ins. Co. about doing an awareness course, only if actually fined etc. The insurance hike can be e.g. an extra £30 per point. 3 points, 90 quid. The awareness course has a 'lifetime' of 3 years, you can't do another one if caught again before the 3 years is up, goes straight to fine and points. My 3 years 'expires' Sept this year. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#19 Re: The treacherous post Owston drive home strikes again.

Post by jack »

Mike H wrote:Not all county councils offer it tho, but if available and you opt for it means not only no points on licence, but also no insurance hike. We were told do not tell your ins. Co. about doing an awareness course, only if actually fined etc.
That is extremely poor advice.

Several insurance companies (e.g Admiral group) explicitly state in their t&cs that you have to declare speed awareness courses.

You need to check - you could be invalidating your insurance by failing to declare correctly.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#20 Re: The treacherous post Owston drive home strikes again.

Post by Mike H »

Really? Well that's what the bloke said! :shock:

NB: checked my policies, no mention...