Another one gone.

shane
Social outcast

#1 Another one gone.

Post by shane »

Not one of the megastars who've shuffled off lately, but a sad loss nonetheless.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/201 ... zCC8ch4WnM
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Nick
Site Admin

#2 Re: Another one gone.

Post by Nick »

Bugger.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#3 Re: Another one gone.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I saw him at Hammersmith Odeon. I have all his albums and play 'Snowflakes are Dancing' relatively frequently. One of my all time favourites of all sorts of music.

84 eh, not bad but could be better. He was working on another enterprise, which is good to hear.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#4 Re: Another one gone.

Post by Ray P »

Maybe not a superstar but certainly a big influence in the electronic scene. His 'Planets' played a part in getting me to reassess classical music.

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
shane
Social outcast

#5 Re: Another one gone.

Post by shane »

Me too. Until Snowflakes, classical music stopped at Mozart and Beethoven.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.