Banzai Music

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
Greg
Social outcast

#1 Banzai Music

Post by Greg »

A year ago I bought a quad of Electro-Harmonix Gold Grid 300B's. I only fitted them recently and whilst enjoying them, one suddenly glowed brightly and the channel reduced in volume and became distorted. I switched off immediately and later checked out the amp but could find no faults to relevant components so concluded it was the valve that was faulty. I contacted Banzai and regardless of time passed since purchase, on return of the faulty valve they immediately sent me a replacement to match the rest of my original quad. Brilliant service and their prices are often lower than Hotrox and other suppliers in the Uk. banzai was originally recommended to me by James Doddington. Well worth a look. http://www.banzaimusic.com
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Banzai Music

Post by Mike H »

You reminded me some years ago I had a brand new 300B develop escalating cathode Voltage until I had to turn it off, just so happened I was monitoring it with a meter at the time, couldn't stop it doing it so was basically junked. Seems like could be what happened here but I don't know what causes it. Fortunately valve wasn't expensive, somebody I knew was out in China on a trip and could pick up some 300B's cheap as it were.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mudshark
Old Hand

#3 Re: Banzai Music

Post by Mudshark »

Come again........ :?: