http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/SBAcoustics-3WC.htm

Have you seen this, Scott ?
He likes the SB Acoustic range too .
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
cressy
Shed dweller

#2 Re: SB Acoustics 3-way - Troels

Post by cressy »

I've got an acoustics tweeters in my metronomes, they take a while to come on song but a very good when they do
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#3 Re: SB Acoustics 3-way - Troels

Post by Scottmoose »

Slowly surfacing after a duff few weeks. Make that 'year'. Now to get on with life. :)

Yes, I've seen Troels's 3-way project[s]. Should be good -the Seas & Scan Speak ones have been. And I do like the SB drivers; they're excellent for the money.

Hmm. This is giving me evil notions. I've been pondering (due to an unrelated project) the old WAD KLS3 recently. Not much like that around at present. I'm getting tempted to give it a shot. The SB units should do nicely for the bass & midrange -great performance & not too expensive. A few options for the tweeter... decisions. I could keep it all SB, but that would just be like a variation of Troels's speaker, albeit in floorstanding form. And that wouldn't be very imaginative. Time to ponder.

Colin's going to kill me. ;^)
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#4 Re: SB Acoustics 3-way - Troels

Post by IslandPink »

Don't let me stop you :D - a well-done three-way is a very good thing indeed. Vocals are never really ideal on 2-ways.

How about if I screw with your head and suggest an alternative - that a FF165WK or a FF225Wk used as a wide-band mid driver could be coupled with a bass and tweeter at maybe 200Hz and 4kHz crossovers and get 92dB/w or so .... maybe not the SB solution, then :(
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"