What about BNC connectors ... phono ?

We all start somewhere
shane
Social outcast

#16 Re: What about BNC connectors ... phono ?

Post by shane »

What about DIN plugs? Small surface area, "scraping" contacts when inserted, available silver plated, and earth contact makes first on insertion. Bit of a bitch with thick cables though.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#17 Re: What about BNC connectors ... phono ?

Post by Mike H »

Nick wrote:The biggest problem I have found with BNC's is fitting to the wire.
Yes! Right PITA.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#18 Re: What about BNC connectors ... phono ?

Post by Mike H »

jack wrote:Not sure why the connectors would make a difference but the use of high quality low-loss coax may.
I think that's more like it.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#19 Re: What about BNC connectors ... phono ?

Post by IslandPink »

Shane, I like your idea of using a DIN :D This is on the tonearm>phono amp run, so it makes sense given there's a DIN on the other end, into the Mayware arm . I like the idea of having one plug that goes into the back of the phono amp, with the four cartridges connections & tonearm earth . I hate all that fumbling around with a seperate tonearm earth wire at the moment ! Only thing I'd like to see ( only checked HiFi Collective so far ) is a DIN male connector with a decent flange and fitting holes, to go in the back of the amp (?) .
Maybe I'll do this with the phono amp rebuilt ( late 2016 ? ) . For now, probably use the Eichmann's I have with some new wire from the tonearm . If I didn't have any Eichmann bullets, I'd be buying some of those that Greg linked to - about time someone undercut ETI !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
thomas
Old Hand

#20 Re: What about BNC connectors ... phono ?

Post by thomas »

Din plugs remind me of my naim days….

Their locking ones always felt classy…
http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/24283-prehke ... cking.html

I still have to use them for my cd player, with somewhat inconveniently, two runs of Klotz twin, twisted screened stuff