Anyone on EE 4g

Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 Anyone on EE 4g

Post by Paul Barker »

For a free power charger

Text POWER to 365

They send you a text that gives you a code which you take to an EE store and stock permitting they give you a Power Bar.

The text costs 35p

I have my code, going to see if there is stock in Scarborough tomoz.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Yup, available to all all customers free (and all employees, when they get round to it...).. Its a battery withthj enough capacity to charge the average smart phone, and if you get caught out with a flat phone battery and a flat power bar battery you can take your power bar into an EE shop where they'll swap it for a charged one (you can of course also charge it yourself!). Demand has been high and a few shops ran out, but they should have them back in tomorrow. We've had a few people calling in because they either haven't received the text reply code or they've received a message saying they've already had one. If that happens, call 150 and a nice man in Delhi or Johannesberg or Waterford or even Plymouth will sort it out for you.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Picked it up :lol:
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Surprise surprise. Now out of stock until June 24th.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Even more bizarre. Half an hour after reading the email telling me they're out of stock, a nice man cam round with a box full of the things for us lot.

It's quite a nice little device.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Quite liberating for iPhone users like me😀
shane
Social outcast

#7 Re: Anyone on EE 4g

Post by shane »

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/p ... -bar-a-con

Just found out a bit of small print about these things. The idea is that if you're out and about you can take your flat power bar into your nearest ee shop and swap it for a charged up one. What they don't tell you is that if you don't do that in the first 18 months, you get charged for it.
Nick
Site Admin

#8 Re: Anyone on EE 4g

Post by Nick »

Well, they do tell you that, they say so on their web page, and they also say "Please remember, we don’t want to charge our customers if they don’t return their Power Bar - it really isn’t the point of EE Power. So we’re also giving everyone 60 days past their 18 months to bring it back". I think the idea is to avoid there being any out there that are over 18 month old.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.