Asset UPnP dBpoweramp

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

Post by Ray P »

Just had a quick look at the DBpoweramp website and yes, the RPi version of Asset retains the internet radio option via the 'TuneIn' service. Have a look at the Asset configuration page;

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-linuxmanual.htm

Coincidentally, I see the PlugPlayer is their suggested controller app for Apple devices.

Ray
IDM
Old Hand

Post by IDM »

Thanks Ray,

I will have a read later.

Here's a photo of a lash-up of the player. Anode chokes on the left.

Cheers
Ian
Attachments
Volumio3.jpg
Ray P

Post by Ray P »

and no fried dog!

:blob6:

Ray
IDM
Old Hand

Post by IDM »

Now in dog safe version!

Also changes the output from ECC88 to two triode strapped E180F's.

Cheers
Ian
Attachments
Volumio DAC.jpg
Ray P

Post by Ray P »

Good stuff Ian and glad your woofer survived...

Ray
IDM
Old Hand

Post by IDM »

I haven't posted on this for ages but for those that are interested, I learn't a couple of interesting things about getting better performance:

1. I improved the speed of access and play by over-clocking the RPi. I guess this was fairly obvious, however, worth mentioning.

2. When I initially set up Asset I used a 2TB drive with NTFS format. I later discovered that because this format is not natively recognised in Linux and you have to download and use a driver that this can slow-up the RPi. Using a Linux format should offer an improvement in performance. I therefore formatted a drive using EXT4 and found this worked well. The problem with the EXT4 format is that Windows does not recognise it! Therefore I used the Pi with both the NTFS (backup) drive and the EXT4 drive connected and used Rsynch command to copy everything to the EXT 4 drive.

I am a total novice at this so it took me ages to get this to work, but it was very satisfying when I finally got it all to work.

Cheers
Ian