Hello

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Kember
User

#1 Hello

Post by Kember »

I'm new here so dropping in to say hello. I, too, recognise some names. I'm Peter from London.

I'm into valves and vinyl and currently going through a phase of restoring and replinthing various TTs.

I look forward to engaging here.

Best

Peter
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to hearing about your projects. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Greetings!

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Oooh goody! Haven't had a good turntable thread on here for a while!
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Kember
User

Post by Kember »

shane wrote:Oooh goody! Haven't had a good turntable thread on here for a while!
Shane,

Well, I've currently got a Trio KD-2070, a KD-2055 and a Micro Seiki MB 38 under restoration.

I'm considering replinthing the 2070 into a birch ply skeleton with lead-shot filled feet and using an Advanced Analog MG-1 air bearing tonearm on it. I am considering moving the power supply and controls into a separate control box.

The 2055 is being buffed up and used as my cartridge tester as the tonearm is in good nick and has an SME headshell doodah. Apart from a good scrub with countertop cleaner and a new belt, this needs little doing to it apart from a bit of a fiddle with the auto-return.

I haven't worked out what to do with the MB38 but I think I'm going to strip out the automated mechanics and use a couple of Ikea chopping boards to make another plinth.

Apart from that, I'm making designs for a plinth for my 401. It is currently in a massive slate plinth but I'm wondering what a Loricraft-style plinth would sound like!

Should keep me busy this summer!

P
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

Superb - another analogue hero for the forum - some choice gear you have there . I'm going to have to look up that air-bearing arm now .

ps. Do you fancy a plinth :D :
http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4126
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Lots of work ahead there then. I always liked the 2055 with it's composite plinth. Also intrigued by parallel trackers, so I shall watch with interest!
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Kember
User

Post by Kember »

shane wrote:Lots of work ahead there then. I always liked the 2055 with it's composite plinth. Also intrigued by parallel trackers, so I shall watch with interest!
I'm a great fan of air bearing arms (but can't/won't afford Bergmanns and the like). But I am wondering how to smuggle one of Len Gregory's Cartridge Man Conductors past 'er indoors! Just ask if you have any questions about them. They are less of a faff than they appear.

P