Hello

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Justin
User

#1 Hello

Post by Justin »

Hello everyone. I thought it was about time I joined here. Some of you will know me from the WD forum. I live in Great Shelford, just outside of Cambridge.
My equipment consists of:-
Modified Thorens TD150 by Rolf Kelch/audiomods series5/Northwest analogue modified Benz glider.
Wad 300bpp power
Ming Da mc300pre
WD phono3sxl
Teac p500 transport
Long dog audio VDtl dac
MacBook Pro
One thing modified esl63s
Isotek Titan mains conditioner
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Hi, welcome.
Justin
User

Post by Justin »

Hi Ali.
I see there are many here from WD!
My intro is SO boring, I have actually got a soh too. 😉
Maybe I should mention that I like drinking coffee, and ride bicycles too. Road bikes, that is, and am a member of Cambridge cycling club. Any roadies here?
Into design, architecture and philosophy.
And I love cooking too! French, Italian, Indian...
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Hi Justin, obviously a man of good taste with the Long dog audio dac.

Did you realise that Nick, our forum host, was Mr Long dog audio ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Justin
User

Post by Justin »

Yes. I contacted Nick because of the various threads on WD, and knew it would be a year or two (and the rest?) before I could come up with anything decent. You actually prodded me about this too, Philip.
Anyway, I 'gently nagged' him -that's how he described it 😉, to realise his thinking. A lovely, lovely bit of kit!
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

All your hobbies impinge on my daily life. Go round baffled at the idiocy of designers architects and builders and philosphize about it chewing the fat with custards all day long. Once did ny job in westminster on a roadster with my tools on my back in a rucksack. Got a saw bottom but kept fit and avoided the parking problem which pretty well is prejudice against ahrd working tradesmen who offer a service and should be given free passes and free congestion charge, but until they do anyone stupid enough to live in an area inaccessible to tradesmen can whistle.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

I used to be a bikie , rode for Leigh Premier RC 30 years ago, and Rhyl RC after , till about 20 years ago. Then I bumbled around for years trying to stay fit , but I've sort of lost the knack in the last few years ( for various reasons ) .
Nice to have you here. The DAC is top-rank, and the rest of your gear looks very sensible too .
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

Paul Barker wrote: Once did my job in westminster on a roadster with my tools on my back in a rucksack. Got a saw bottom but kept fit and avoided the parking problem .....
That would make it sore - must have been a hole in the rucksack !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

And another thing, when that putrid programme Grand Designs is axed from the schedule. It won't be a day too soon. Sick of cooking and all programmes. About anything whatsoever to do with houses.

I'll get my coat 8)
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Justin
User

Post by Justin »

I'm glad to hear it, Paul. An aberration upon one's conscience is how I like to think of meself! 😉😄
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

Cycling in westminster takes the nerves of a lion tamer. That environment destroyer the diesel bus long past its sell by date keep frogin you to every stop just in time to point it's exhaust right where it has cornered you. If it doesn't squash you into the kirb overtaking you it will fill your lungs with carbon monoxide.
Justin
User

Post by Justin »

Yes, I stopped racing a few years back because of work commitments, but I'm planning on getting back to it this summer. I ride a Colnago master with Campagnolo record. And ride a cannondale MTb converted into an urban street machine for riding to work.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Whahey! Another recruit to the AudioTalk Cycling Club! Welcome.

DTB (Southern hairy fairy hipster Fixie division).... :-)
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Justin
User

Post by Justin »

Only the pedal power variety. I know that the vintage motorcycles are a thing of interest here too.
Justin
User

Post by Justin »

Dave, you ARE a character. 😄