B&W CM7 or Tannoy Autograph Mini?

Dedicated to those large boxes at one end of the room
surdo
New User

#1 B&W CM7 or Tannoy Autograph Mini?

Post by surdo »

Hello - I'm in a country where there are very few options when it comes to buying speakers. I want to buy a pair loudspeakers to listen to music on LP (mainly) and at not particularly high volumes. Here in my city I listened to and liked the B&W CM7 column speakers. It's a discontinued model and that makes the price more bearable (prices here are heavily inflated and bringing things from overseas is a big headache).

I've also tacked down a used pair of Tannoy Autograph Mini speakers at the same price - they look well looked after, have the original packaging etc. I won't be able to listen to them before buying however. Have always loved the Tannoys that I've heard so I'd like to consider this pair.

I wonder if anyone in the forum can give an opinion on the relative merits of the two? price/quality etc. I guess there will be less low-end with the Tannoys - I think I can live with that if the quality is better.

I listen to old Brazilian popular music, jazz, classical and some electroacoustic music. The room I'll be listening in is big with a high ceiling but I'll likely mount any bookshelf type speakers on stands at close range.

Thanks!