Speaker cable

Dedicated to those large boxes at one end of the room
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

IslandPink wrote:
Greg wrote:It would be great to have an understandable explanation on what is going on. I understand designers and manufacturers don't want to give away trade secrets, but to offer explanations which are basically encapsulated in the realms of mysticism isn't helpful and frankly is insulting to our intelligence. I would rather be told that it's a technological secret and the designer/manufacturer will be keeping it that way. If you like the difference, buy the cables. Of course, to DIYers, the explanation is essential in order that we can, at a fraction of the cost, replicate the effect for our selves :wink:
I understand your frustration Greg.
However, it's clear to me that is IS a technological secret that isn't going to be given away .
Colin appears to have had a history of having hard work and ideas taken from him and used for profit by others in the industry ( this from other forum posts and his flickr page ! ) .

I think the closest we have to some insight into the technical aspects is given at the end of page 12 here :
http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/view ... &start=165
with my post and Colin's response.
These tech pages on Cardas's site :
http://www.cardas.com/insights_signal.php
http://www.cardas.com/insights_golden_ratio.php
Give some idea of the problem and one possible solution .

( I note with interest that the tech pages on the revamped Cardas site are reduced in number and with a little less detail than they were 3 months ago ! )
Speaking subjectively, I have to agree, there is something going on here, not least because these are easily the best cables I've tried so far. Whatever it is, it works.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Do these cables unleash things in the music that other cables do not, or are they adding something that enhances the sound ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote:Do these cables unleash things in the music that other cables do not, or are they adding something that enhances the sound ?
Who can tell? is there any way of telling those two positions arart?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Good question. Dunno. Buuuut (c. DTB) all I can say is they sound better than anything else I've tried.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

What with an Owston coming up on the horizon... is there any chance a pair of these TQ cables come along too so those of us that weren't at the last session can hear them? More ears, more witnesses etc etc.

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

I can bring the UB ones, but it's likely David will be there with some 'stuff' once he gets wind of it !

"Sure enough,
(he)'ll be sellin' stuff
When the moon begins to rise"
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Heavy sh$t!!!!...... "I've seen the needle an' the damage dun..... uh little part of it in everyone....awwwwwwwwww,,,,,,,,,woooooaaaaaaahhhh the damage dun....".

:)

DTB
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Ali, that was previously posted here as well. The whole thing is pants unless Colin starts talking to us in proper understandable terms. At the moment he seems to want to hold us in a mystical envelope. That is completely unacceptable. Please Colin, come clean. If you are protecting your design, so be. It, but please offer us a reasonable explanation.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Not sure about that Greg. Mark has been paying attention, and putting things together with what we have from Bud Pervine, and may be coming up with a mech to describe whats going on. Not sure he is ready to publish his theory yet, but what little I have talked to him about is making sense.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Sorry Greg but I don't see why. The cables will speak for themselves. I'm sure David of MCRU will send you cables to try yourself should you wish.

However, assuming TQ do indeed have something unique that produces what some of us hear, why should it be revealed?

The man is running a business after all.
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Ali Tait wrote:Sorry Greg but I don't see why. The cables will speak for themselves. I'm sure David of MCRU will send you cables to try yourself should you wish.

However, assuming TQ do indeed have something unique that produces what some of us hear, why should it be revealed?

Ali, I completely agree. Stupidly, I worked last weekend on David's stand at the Bristol show. I could have taken a pair of cables home for trial but I simply didn't think about it at the time.

Seriously, my main reason for posting on this thread was firstly to establish that Scott had been rather badly treated. That issue now seems to be resolved subject to Scott's acceptance.

I don't disagree with a product protection policy. I understand why Colin may want to keep his cable design a complete secret, but he would do well to be more frank about this, rather than treating us as if we are all ignorant and are charmed by the so called mystisism of the sound reproduction art. As said, all he needs to say is it's a secret. What is unacceptable is his inferences that suggest there is a magic involved and we are not entitled to know the detail because we are not under the spell. I don't like that approach. It is ignorant and apperently treats us all as secondary people. Also, surprisingly, it is very poor marketing. Come on Colin, stop being an arse. You don't need to reveal your secrets but you sure as hell could treat us all with a bit of respect. Having said that, I realised Colin hasn't got a proper handle on things when in a previous post he declared that having met Nick, he thought he was mad just like him. That's not right is it. Nick may be unconventially presented in terms of his hair and dress, but he's anything other than mad. In my view, he's probably one of the sanest here :D
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Greg wrote:Nick may be unconventially presented in terms of his hair and dress.... :D
Nick.

In a dress.

Oi! Some of us are having breakfast!

DTB
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Greg wrote: In my view, he's probably one of the sanest here :D
Doesn't prove a thing, Greg. According to my best beloved, we're all completely barking!
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Greg wrote:
Ali Tait wrote:Sorry Greg but I don't see why. The cables will speak for themselves. I'm sure David of MCRU will send you cables to try yourself should you wish.

Ali, I completely agree. Stupidly, I worked last weekend on David's stand at the Bristol show. I could have taken a pair of cables home for trial but I simply didn't think about it at the time.

Seriously, my main reason for posting on this thread was firstly to establish that Scott had been rather badly treated. That issue now seems to be resolved subject to Scott's acceptance.

I don't disagree with a product protection policy. I understand why Colin may want to keep his cable design a complete secret, but he would do well to be more frank about this, rather than treating us as if we are all ignorant and are charmed by the so called mystisism of the sound reproduction art. As said, all he needs to say is it's a secret. What is unacceptable is his inferences that suggest there is a magic involved and we are not entitled to know the detail because we are not under the spell. I don't like that approach. It is ignorant and apperently treats us all as secondary people. Also, surprisingly, it is very poor marketing. Come on Colin, stop being an arse. You don't need to reveal your secrets but you sure as hell could treat us all with a bit of respect. Having said that, I realised Colin hasn't got a proper handle on things when in a previous post he declared that having met Nick, he thought he was mad just like him. That's not right is it. Nick may be unconventially presented in terms of his hair and dress, but he's anything other than mad. In my view, he's probably one of the sanest here :D
I'd probably agree, but that's not saying much here. :D
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

I think "mad" as per Colin's description of himself and Nick is actually a term of endearment. :wink:

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! :lol: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)