Another Canadian

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
BobWeaver
User

#1 Another Canadian

Post by BobWeaver »

Hi everyone. Just found this site as a result of some traffic from here to my website. Having a bit of trouble posting though. If you see this, then I guess it finally worked.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Hi Bob,
Welcome to Audio Talk.

Steve
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Hi Bob and welcome. What website is that?
BobWeaver
User

Post by BobWeaver »

It appears that I can't post URLs as I'm on probation for the first 5 posts and 3 days. However, my site is mainly valve electronics related (mostly radio).

Unfortunately, I seem to be getting an error message when I try posting in other sections even if my posts contain no URLs. Hopefully this will get resolved soon.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

What error do you get?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
BobWeaver
User

Post by BobWeaver »

Thanks for the welcome.

This is the error message I'm getting when posting in the DIY>Everyones Projects section:

General Error
In order to try to prevent spammers, we do not allow our users to post URLs in any form until they have posted at least 5 legitimate posts and have been with us for more than 3 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter in order to help us eliminate spam from this forum. If you have somehow gotten this message even though you meet both of the criteria, please let us know ASAP.

I also checked to make sure there were no URLs in my signature.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Nick will know the answer and I am a fool about computer languages but this fool thinks the forum automaton by action of it's own cookies which it has placed on your computer has determined from when you did try to post a weblink which you weren't then allowed to that you are trying to do so even when you are not. So I would delete cookies and see what happens.

If this is rubbish info then fair does as to attempt explanation by me is like a wife tring to figure out which direction to put the gears in when going down hill and what at such a time to do with the throttle. My wifes interpretation was as low as possible and as much throttle as you can.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Welcome Bob.

Looks like you've only made 3 posts - anther two and you should be okay. Don't take it personally, it's something Nick introduced to stop random spammers spamming randomly and has worked pretty well.
BobWeaver
User

Post by BobWeaver »

I understand completely. A few other forums that I frequent are constantly deluged with spam. It was just that I wasn't able to post even without a link. I suspect that Paul's comment about deleting cookies is correct. I will do that and try again. Tomorrow though; it's late here and I can't keep my eyes open.

BTW, it was one of Paul's topics that I'd tried to reply to. Anyway, I'm sure that it will all work out soon enough.

Edit: I think I figured it out. I got the same message when I tried to post this message. Then I changed the last word in the third sentence from U-R-L (without the hyphens) to 'link', and it worked.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

A-ha!

Greetings by the way :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
BobWeaver
User

Post by BobWeaver »

Thanks.

Well, 5 posts and 3 days. Hopefully, everything will work now.
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

Welcome...
Analogue, the lost world that lies between 0 and 1.
BobWeaver
User

Post by BobWeaver »

Thanks.

Hmm, still having problems posting outside of the New Users forum. This will be my 6th post. Maybe that will be the magic number.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Not sure what that's about, thought it was 5 then you can add pictures. :?:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
david C
Old Hand

Post by david C »

BobWeaver wrote:Thanks.

Hmm, still having problems posting outside of the New Users forum. This will be my 6th post. Maybe that will be the magic number.
best send a PM to Nick He'll sort it out
David

Wasps are the Katie Price of the Animal Kingdom - utterly pointless and bloody irritating!