Luddite's squeezebox debut.

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

Post by The Stratmangler »

little eddy wrote:I am using 'Lossless uncompressed' FLAC via dBPowerAmp
My bad.
Earlier in the thread you mentioned ripping to WAV... :)
Chris :happy3:
little eddy
Old Hand

Post by little eddy »

The Stratmangler wrote:
little eddy wrote:I am using 'Lossless uncompressed' FLAC via dBPowerAmp
My bad.
Earlier in the thread you mentioned ripping to WAV... :)
Yes that was before I bought my NAS and dBPowerAmp.
TD-125/RB250/MC25FL & 'Snail' phono, NAS/SBT with CS4398 DAC, 41MP pre & MoFo Power, still messing with OBs.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

Is your NAS doing all the transcoding malarkey?
That would be a serious cause of rebuffering.

My server is run on a Zyxel NSA310, and it cannot do the transcoding thing (insufficient processing grunt), so Zyxel ensure that the code pertaining to transcoding files does not function in the version of LMS that runs on Zyxel machines.

So that's a level of functionality that I have lost by moving the server away from a desktop machine.

However, I have no problem with playback on any of my files.
And some of them are 24/192, ripped from DVD-Audio sources.
And it's the same whether I'm wired or wireless.
I have installed Triode's EDO applet, and I have got a DAC capable of supporting 24/192 over SPDIF.
little eddy
Old Hand

Post by little eddy »

The Stratmangler wrote:Is your NAS doing all the transcoding malarkey?
How do I know whether it is doing this?

I think it is SQLite. Not really changed anything from default although the other night disabled quite a few of the add-ons, and also put buffering to 2 secs (was set to 0).

This seems to have stopped the 'rebuffering' problem for the time being.
TD-125/RB250/MC25FL & 'Snail' phono, NAS/SBT with CS4398 DAC, 41MP pre & MoFo Power, still messing with OBs.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

little eddy wrote:
The Stratmangler wrote:Is your NAS doing all the transcoding malarkey?
How do I know whether it is doing this?

I think it is SQLite. Not really changed anything from default although the other night disabled quite a few of the add-ons, and also put buffering to 2 secs (was set to 0).

This seems to have stopped the 'rebuffering' problem for the time being.
The Touch will not play any 24/192 material without the installation of Triode's EDO applet.
If you're not using Triode's applet and the Touch can play 24/192 material then the server is transcoding things.
little eddy
Old Hand

Post by little eddy »

The Stratmangler wrote:The Touch will not play any 24/192 material without the installation of Triode's EDO applet.
If you're not using Triode's applet and the Touch can play 24/192 material then the server is transcoding things.
Nearly everything I have ripped so far is standard CD resolution. I have just ripped a few HDCDs but it looks like they have been copied using 16/44.1. I'm not sure whether my AN DAC can handle anything special but can I rip at 24/96 with dBPowerAmp?
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

little eddy wrote:
The Stratmangler wrote:The Touch will not play any 24/192 material without the installation of Triode's EDO applet.
Nearly everything I have ripped so far is standard CD resolution. I have just ripped a few HDCDs but it looks like they have been copied using 16/44.1. I'm not sure whether my AN DAC can handle anything special but can I rip at 24/96 with dBPowerAmp?
dbPoweramp is for CDs only.
You need to install the DSP pack to detect and extract the additional data contained within HDCDs - these will have additional redundant zeros added and appear as 24/44.1 files.

It's possible to extract DVD-Audio data using Foobar.