A Yankee in UK

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Infamous Angel
New User

#1 A Yankee in UK

Post by Infamous Angel »

well, maybe not yankee but i am from usa. I joined because there are some interesting threads on the website. I moved to UK recently. Went to my first audio show a couple of weeks ago and got to meet the maker of my older turntable, Max Townshend. I am mostly a do-it-yourself, flea-power amp, analogue kind of guy. Even my cd player is flea-powered, outputting only 700 millivolts. I hope the moderators are happy now and don't delete me cause i am also a quiet type.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

You are very welcome.

Regarding moderator acceptance I think Nick has just set up an automatic system to prevent the spam bots some of whom link to dodgy sites in their first post.

So you just have to satisfy an automated system and keep posting a few more minor posts and then you are automatically able to put up links.

I think, but I don't know for sure. (that would make a good whatever it is, that people like to put at the bottom of all their posts.)
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Yep, the "will be deleted" is more of a threat than a reality :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."