Another First Time Poster

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
heli001
User

#1 Another First Time Poster

Post by heli001 »

Hello Everyone,

Just checking in and in the process of gathering parts for a WAD 300B PP clone build. I have been in contact with a couple of members here and they have been great.....! When everything arrives I will start a build thread as I am sure that I will suck the life out of everyone here with questions.

Thanks in advance for any help that will be received,

W. C. Fischer
Charlotte, NC
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Thanks for entering with something on topic.

The 300b PP has some popularity here.
heli001
User

Post by heli001 »

I have gathered a lot of information from this forum and a couple of others in reference to this amp. After doing several months of research and having a desire to build it myself, this is the amp I chose to make my first dive into a tube amp. I have been restoring Klipsch speakers for years and really want to hear what a set of K Horns sound like on valves....! everyone that I have had the opportunity to talk to about this amp has been very helpful and i look forward to starting the build. Transformers should be here from Geoff at SP the first of September and i had Schaeffer in Washington State cute a custom top plate for everything. I plan on making the chassis out of Kelobra wood (rain tree from Central America) and have a piece of it large enough in case I make a few mistakes. That will be my project for this weekend and I will probably start a build thread tomorrow.

W. C.
al newall
Needs to get out more

Post by al newall »

Welcome to the forum.
Looking forward to seeing some photos of the build. :)
Much to learn there is.
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Sounds like it'll be a good'un. Welcome!

Can I ask why heli001 with a picture of a DC3?
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
heli001
User

Post by heli001 »

Shane,

Thanks for asking about the Avatar. I have been flying pretty much all of my life with a majority of my time in rotorcraft. The DC -3 is my all time favorite aircraft. I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to fly one, in the left seat, for a number of hours. The plane is maintained in "new like" condition and will outlive most of us, as it will still be flying, long after I am gone. Its kind of like the B-52, a purpose built aircraft, designed back in the late 30's and 40's and is still in service today. Many generations of military/civilian pilots, have flown the same aircraft. It is probably one of the best designs in aviation history and is the true "Queen of the Skies".

W. C.
Last edited by heli001 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: The DC=3 Is The Queen Of The Skies

Helicopters Don't Fly....The Beat The Air Into Submission....!

It is hard to get upset with someone if it takes their complete brain power to keep themselves breathing.
david C
Old Hand

Post by david C »

heli001 wrote:The DC -3 is my all time favorite aircraft. I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to fly one, in the left seat, for a number of hours. The plane is maintained in "new like" condition and will outlive most of us, as it will still be flying, long after I am gone. Its kind of like the B-52, a purpose built aircraft, designed back in the late 30's and 40's and is still in service today. Many generations of military/civilian pilots, have flown the same aircraft. It is probably one of the best designs in aviation history and is the true "Queen od the Skies".

W. C.
welcome, I am very envious, I would love to have access to a DC3 even just to polish it :) been my favourite all my life
David

Wasps are the Katie Price of the Animal Kingdom - utterly pointless and bloody irritating!
heli001
User

Post by heli001 »

David,

There are a few still flying in the UK. Most are attached to aviation restoration clubs. Check with your local smaller airfields, as they should be able to offer some information as to any DC-3's either in restoration or flying. Believe me, anyone working on one would welcome volunteer help maintaining it, as it is a true lablr of love. Plane nuts are just like Audio nuts, the projects are just bigger and more expensive....!

It is/was not my intension for this to become an aviation thread, as I want very much to talk about the WAD 300B PP and I truly appreciate the everyone that replies...! I am more than willing to discuss aviation in PM's and email.

W. C.

It is hard to get upset with someone if it takes their complete brain power to keep themselves breathing.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

It is/was not my intension for this to become an aviation thread, as I want very much to talk about the WAD 300B PP and I truly appreciate the everyone that replies...! I am more than willing to discuss aviation in PM's and email.
Start a thread about the 300b in the everyone's projects section keeps it simple.

Though I would warn you, we are not to good at staying on topic around here :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
heli001
User

Post by heli001 »

Nick,

I am a moderator on several Forums and believe me I understand the off topic thing. Keeping religion and politics out of the threads is the toughest challenge.

Anyway, I will start a new "Build" thread today. Hope you guys don't beat up "Yanks" too badly, remember, I am in the Southern part of the States so we have our own Yank issues....! :D

Thanks,

W. C.

shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Are you on Pprune? I'm sure I've seen that signature somewhere else...
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

shane wrote:Are you on Pprune? I'm sure I've seen that signature somewhere else...
I've seen those initials (W.C) before. :wink: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
heli001
User

Post by heli001 »

Shane,

A couple of Radio Controlled Model Aircraft and Full Scale Forums. I am a regular Member on the Klipsch forums, possibly there. Who knows...I have written several articles that pertain to aviation. It is funny, the world is huge but with the internet it for some reason becomes smaller as everyone has access to tons of information. I'm still looking for the screen that says "You have reached the end of the World Wide Web...There is NO more....!"

W. C.

Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

heli001 wrote:Nick,

I am a moderator on several Forums and believe me I understand the off topic thing. Keeping religion and politics out of the threads is the toughest challenge.

Anyway, I will start a new "Build" thread today. Hope you guys don't beat up "Yanks" too badly, remember, I am in the Southern part of the States so we have our own Yank issues....! :D

Thanks,

W. C.
Not much of that here. This isn't yer average forum. We're a pretty friendly bunch. A bit strange perhaps, but friendly!

You will like the amp. I have had one in the past, and there is at least one member who still uses one.

Welcome BTW.
heli001
User

Post by heli001 »

Pre,

I bet you have.....they named every bathroom in Europe after me......! As a matter of fact, I have a very nice Brass plaque here with my initials on it that I borrowwed from a rest room in London many years ago.

Thanks for recognizing my popularity...!

W. C.