joe jackson body and soul

Share the music that moves you.......
cressy
Shed dweller

#1 joe jackson body and soul

Post by cressy »

absolutely brilliant. the verdict is frighteningly dynamic. i expected to end up with my drivers in my lap at the end of this track. the recording quality is absolutely spot on too. infact, the entire album is a joy. the day and night album is just as good , and so is look sharp.

give it a go. very loud.
theoldtrout
User

Post by theoldtrout »

I've been a long time time fan of Joe Jackson [seen him three times] Body and Soul [vinyl] is one of my test discs, well recorded, clean sound.

Try the Big World double LP - only recorded on three sides. This recording was made live with minimal messing before pressing.
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

Probably not relevant but I've always liked Joe Jackson's first album 'Look Sharp'.

Reminds me of working as a radiographer on a pipeline just outside Peterborough and staying in a house full of students. Felt quite old with them at around 28 years old but it sure was a lively house.

A guitarist friend of mine at the time commented that the guitar chords used on every song on the album were simplistic but, in his words, played with a passion and very effective.

Me not being a muso, I often wondered about that.

I have a divided opinion about the rest of his output, wasn't fond of that jazzy jumpin' jive stuff but loved the single 'Steppin' Out'.

The guitarist on his first album, incidentally, was raised in the same neighbourhood as I was, Downham Kent/Catford borders. Woohoo.
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony
JackOfAll
Old Hand

Post by JackOfAll »

deleted
Last edited by JackOfAll on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

Just picked up Night & Day on vinyl for a quid, cover and disk in perfect nick - yay! At the same time bought Chic's 'C'est Chic' on vinyl for the same price.

Some days are good days :glasses1:
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony