DTB/WD source selector...

What people are working on at the moment
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1 DTB/WD source selector...

Post by Dave the bass »

....and DIY AMP remote powerererer uppererererer. (Anti Girlfriend electrocution device :D )

Well I dunneded it, the source switcher/volume control is finished. It's been my lunchtime project for the past few weeks, doesn't look much but it enables my GF to switch between sources on my DIY SE amps without fear of electrocution with the added bonus that she doesn't have to plug IEC mains leads into in-line sockets to power (via a 10A mains relay) the beasties up now, hence the 'AMP-POWER' switch at the front which supply mains to all the kit in my HiFi cabinet.

WD's little relay i/p board keeps the switching simple, nice little useful project methinks. I've rearranged the switching so the 'mute' function is next to the 'Phono' position...this is so that should any fluff 'n' stuff require removing from the stylus I don't have to play around with the volume control to avoid that 'sawing of the stylus' rumble and racket experienced when trying to remove the crud. Flick the switch to 'Mute'...remove gunge...flick back to 'Phono' and we're back in business with no speaker damaging sawing of the stylus sounds.

Where do I collect my Nobel Prize from?!!!

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Hi Dave-nicely done my son !

Did you mean Nobel,or El Nob ? :lol:

I hope Julie appreciates all the effort you have put in.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

pre65 wrote: I hope Julie appreciates all the effort you have put in.
She could hardly contain herself, I almost woke her up when describing the relay switching process.........

:)

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"