Hi everyone!

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Wow...

Dave the bass wrote:
Well.......... call it controversial if ya like but I find Portuguese mountains are usually located in Portugal.............. :D
That does make sense yes. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

If my memory serves me well (oooh, hang on, Julie Driscoll) I think DTB was working in the same place as me at the time he had his disagreement with Manuel the Mountain.

We heard news that he'd been really mashed up bad. But he hadn't been mashed up that bad. Well, not as bad as we heard anyway.

That correct oh lower frequency instrument playing individual?

In the meantime, pix, me scooter. Me in first pic, lil bruv in other pic:

Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony
cressy
Shed dweller

Post by cressy »

well my biking history is bugger all really, ive owned 1 bike that is still in bits after the last crash on it nearly 8 years ago. a honda clr 125. it was a lovely little bike and taught me alot (about mending crash damage :shock: )

ive had the pleasure of using several bikes since, all ones my mate andy spooner had and used to let me use when he was on excersize or deployed somewhere. usually for about 2 or 3 months at a time. first his triumph dayona 600, fast and uncomfy, but handled beautifully. then his gixer 750 slabbie that was very nice but rather a blunt instrument. alot of fun though, and his triumph sprint st that i loved to bits and so did he until he piled it into a lorry and very nearly killed himself.
lastly the gixer 750 (on an 05 plate, not sure what model it was) that i didnt like one bit.

he used to lend them to me because every time he left the first bike (the daytona) standing for any length of time it would never start and ran like a dog for a week or so, it had the first triumph fuel injection system and really did not like stale fuel. so hed lend them to me so they were used in the interim and he didnt have problems with them when he got back. great bloke. hed stick me on the insurance and never asked for a penny for the cover even if i offered. said i was doing him a favour!

kids did for the plans to get another though. i got as far as test riding a vfr 400 and a cbr 600 a few years back, but swmbo had other ideas..............................
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

cressy wrote:daytona) standing for any length of time it would never start and ran like a dog for a week or so, it had the first triumph fuel injection system and really did not like stale fuel.
That was quite common wasn't it, dunno if it's still true, but reminds me what I heard about a certain Kawasaki, if the fuel was just 2 weeks old it wouldn't start :!:

Nice pix Floppy! :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

And another problem with modern fuels !

Some time ago my KTM would start, but only run on fast tickover, when the throttle was opened it just died.

When I opened the carb drainscrew nothing came out for several seconds, then came a thick yellowy substance like thin golden syrup. YUK.

The carb had to come off and be thoroughly cleaned. After that is was OK, but I now drain the carb before putting it to bed. :wink:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Seems to be a getting worse. This year I had to replace the carb on my Honda-engined lawnmower and get the carb of my Honda outboard stripped and ultrasonically cleaned. Both were gormed up with old petrol, and with both I was advised not to leave them for more then two months without draining the carb.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Yep always have to make sure mine are clean and jets aren't blocked after not used for a long period. Aerosol carb cleaner is usually good enough.

If there are accessible air vent holes for the float chamber could squirt in a load of WD40.

al newall
Needs to get out more

Post by al newall »

Honda mowers seem to be prone to such problems. My neighbour has had similar issues with his.
Much to learn there is.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Pfffttttt...

Fair weather bikers...... fair weather mowers....

What are you lot like :lol:

I use a Lektrik Mower in the rain in the middle of winter.

Never did me any...............bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...arrrrrgh!

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I don't wanna go out it might rain and the breeze is a bit chilly and this leather jacket makes me itch Image