Hi everyone!

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
geofftl1000r
New User

#1 Hi everyone!

Post by geofftl1000r »

I have been without any music for a few years now and have just built a little gainclone and bought some Wharfedale diamonds until I can get around to making some speakers.
Not the greatest of systems but at least I have something to listen too!

If anyone knows where I can get a good kit for enclosures to use some JX92S drivers in I'd love to hear from you.

Geoff
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

tl1000r. Another biker ?

Welcome aboard. :wink:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
geofftl1000r
New User

Post by geofftl1000r »

Biker for the past 30+ years! Guess the tl1000r was bit of a give-away..... Though sadly they are both but memories and I now ride a Bandit.. I do have the full Akrapovic system which helped the tlr's play music of a different type...!

Do you ride pre65?

Geoff
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

geofftl1000r wrote:
Do you ride pre65?

Geoff
I have a KTM450 enduro which is road legal and two classic scramblers. A pre60 Tri-BSA 650 and a pre65 Triumph 650 Metisse. I have had proper road bikes (GS750, VF750F, XS1100, BMW K100, Triumph Trophy 900, Triumph Sprint 900, BMW K1100RS) but find the roads too dangerous for bikes these days. :wink:

Edmund Burke

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

geofftl1000r wrote:I do have the full Akrapovic system which helped the tlr's play music of a different type...!
I had to look that up! Image

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

I too had a tl1000r i really wanted a ducati at the time.. but it was about half the price... it was my first new bike...

i traded it in after 3 years for a big yam fjr 1300.. which was a mistake looking back... but thats life...

the bike i never should have parted with was a yam trx 850...

thers a few wan ta be bikers here too

cheers
steve
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

steve s wrote:

cheers
steve
...and few real 'uns too..........

I've owned and run a currently 98,000 mile W650 from new, before that was a 62,000 mile RXS 100!

Pfffttt....! You lot and yer shiny sundee bikes :lol:

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

The BMW R80 is up to 82,000 at the minute, the Guzzi is about 60,000 but that's a guestimate really.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

Dave the bass wrote:
steve s wrote:

cheers
steve
...and few real 'uns too..........

I've owned and run a currently 98,000 mile W650 from new, before that was a 62,000 mile RXS 100!

Pfffttt....! You lot and yer shiny sundee bikes :lol:

DTB
98.000 on and old kawie... no wonda you find skate boarding exciting..?

mine sometimes gets used on a saturday.. and on a sunday... so there !!

...cheers
steve
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

When I had the KTM MOT'd last month my mileage for the last year was 350 !

Edmund Burke

cressy
Shed dweller

Post by cressy »

i still have a bike although its in bits at the bottom of mi old mans garden! i'll get round to rebuilding it one day.........

nicest ive ridden recently was a triumph sprint st, absolutely wonderful engine with torque everywhere. didnt like the gsxr750 which is the bike i rode most recently though, a horrible rev happy twitchy missile. didnt do it for me. or its owner (a mate of mine who i built the el84 amp for) as a matter of fact, he flogged it after 1 ride when he came back from afghanistan. apparently hes after another triumph sprint st..........
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

That's some recommendation, "I flogged it after just one ride" :lol:

geofftl1000r
New User

Post by geofftl1000r »

All my mates I rode with had Dukes...... was great to spank them all on the TLR..... less then half the price and twice the fun.....
My 3 year old Bandit has just passed the 40K mark and going strong. I have the maps for the ECU somewhere and intended to remove the 100hp limit but have never got around to it.
I worked with a friend in the usa for a year, he had a bike shop and we built drag bikes amongst all the boring oil and tyre changes. We had our own Busa running a supercharger at around 28 psi. Was a great bike to ride. The street bikes ran closer to 12 psi and still ran 260HP at the rear wheel.... only bike I've ever been 200+mph on!
I was tempted to try a low boost 7-8 psi, on the TLR but it was my only transport at the time and it was 1400 miles from Tulsa to NJ, reliability was important....the supercharged engines got hot!

Spent the afternoon trying to get some 3/4 mdf cut into size for some MLTL enclosures for the JX92 drivers I want to get....... tried 5 DIY places.....4 had broken saws! and the other guy couldn't cut pieces that small..? Try again tomorrow!
cressy
Shed dweller

Post by cressy »

he'd had it about 18 months before he got posted to afghan, he just didnt like it when he got on it when he got back, said it was too frantic. suppose things change with circumstances.

re the mltls, could you get an 8x4 sheet and cut it with a circular saw and straight edge?
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

Wotcha geoff :)

I haven't ridden a bike since around '79 and back in the day had a scooter, a Lambretta LI 150 Mk 2 bored out to 175 and a Mk 3 fairing fitted.

But I suppose that doesn't really count as a bike does it? :?

After that a Royal Enfield Sports 250 for about 6 months, long gap, Yamaha Scrambler for a few months (1979) then nowt.

And that, as they say, is my entire motor cycling history.
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony