At last!

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Andrew wrote:Welcome, David.

And what fiendish plot do you have in mind for those 811A our Dave The Bass?

-- Andrew
811a's wwwwwwwwellllllll..... it's all very hush-hush and on a 'need-to-know-basis-only' at the mo...

Read as.... I have no piggin' idea yet :D

BUT, I have seen a cct that uses 6EM7 to drive 811a in A2. Could be the best in the world (ever), better than 801a for sure 'cos the name of the valve has got an extra '1' innits fer starters!

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

Dave the bass wrote:
BUT, I have seen a cct that uses 6EM7 to drive 811a in A2. Could be the best in the world (ever), better than 801a for sure 'cos the name of the valve has got an extra '1' innits fer starters!

DTB

A cunning plan....Baldrick ;)
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

ankaka wrote:M2, M3, Rolleiflex 3.5 B, Yashica Mat 124G, Nikon D90, Nikon F100, Nikon FM, Pentax K1000.. Advice and constructive criticism always welcome..
Advice?

When you have gown out of being a spam bot into a person use a meaningless string of statements that relate to the forums you are spamming.

Constructive Criticism? Yashica Matt! don't pleasde put it in the same sentence as a Rollie. It was a very cheap imitation with very poor ergonomics and lenses not much good. Much better to go for a Mamia TL camera if you couldn't afford a Rollie.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Yeah but medium format ... - I have some negatives (FP4) from a Lubitel, the lens of which had fallen off and was held on with stickytape which are beautiful. Even with my old Leica lenses I never got such gradation.

There are many parallels here with valves!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

I've still got a 120 roll film folding camera that was a step up from the ubiquitous 127 Brownie.

It was my Dads and my first proper camera. I might even have some of the old negatives stashed away somewhere.

I unearthed all my Canon 35mm SLR gear the other day and wished there were a way of converting the body to digital. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)