EUROPE AUDIO

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

#1 EUROPE AUDIO

Post by Toppsy »

Stratmangler sent me this link.

I haven't used these myself but their prices for Fostex drivers are way cheaper then Wilmslow Audio and they appear to be UK Based.

They do have a vast range of DIY speaker goodies.
Pity they don't have prices for the excellent Tang Band W8-1772 :cry:

http://www.europe-audio.com/intro.asp
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

According to my reckoning the dialing code +31 makes it in the Netherlands.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

So you'll be paying 19% vat.
ed
retired

Post by ed »

I may be slightly wide of the mark here but some of the units are new models so there may be scant feedback on how they actually measure in real environments......or how they stack up against the previous versions

re the tangbands...I shared many emails with tangband about 18 months ago re prices and breakbands for 1772 and 1808 when the official distribs hadn't been appointed, and they were very very offhand, suggesting I had to commit to 200 units before getting a demo pair etc etc and they were very offhand about the whole thing.......

It seems blueplanet got the deal and they are 250 euros plus delivery.....well that doesn't even factor when you look at the deal that parts express got, i.e $168 plus delivery..........As far as I'm concerned tangband can't justify the arrogance or the price in europe...I cant even be bothered to try a pair to measure....Pah! I say, tangband smells of elderberries!
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

A bit of sour grapes there Ed me thinks. But I see your point.
I bought my TB W8-1772 from Parts Express at the price you noted and even taking into account shipping and customs charges still works out cheaper than buying in Europe. Perhaps they think we Brits will pay more for our goodies than our USA counterparts. Seems MA have the same opinion.

I got the same sort of sh1t deal with Mark Audio when trying to negotiate a bulk buy with them. However, I managed to get a better deal from one of there official distributers from which I deal with. I suppose you managed to talk MA into a good deal as I understand you are now using their Alpair 10 speakers to replace the demise of the fostex FE167e?
ed
retired

Post by ed »

Toppsy wrote:I suppose you managed to talk MA into a good deal as I understand you are now using their Alpair 10 speakers to replace the demise of the fostex FE167e?
No, not at all......just testing one speaker in one cabinet.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Ed,
I wish you good fortune with the design and hope you have them finished in time for the Owston meet so we can all enjoy them and perhaps have the opportunity to compare to your luvly FE167e double horn you brought to the last Eggborough meet.