Possible Spam Alert

Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

The changes are looking good, they stopped "GafarozzMan" from posing PM's to every user at 4:22 this morning.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

This is obviously a new 'fad'

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Looking at the logs, the script used the member list page to get all the id's then tried to post a message to each of the id's. I have added a check on the member list page where you need to be a user with 5 posts again to get to see it. Can't see any downside to that.

I now have a batch job that will detect the fingerprint of the attempt to do the above and mail me the user behind it, so I will just remove the user if I see it.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I'm impressed!

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Well done Nick.