Possible Spam Alert

DAVEDWACK
New User

#1 Possible Spam Alert

Post by DAVEDWACK »

Who is this "Dersterman" chap originating from USA sending out PM's regarding suspected viruses on my laptop?

I don't post too much here but thought it worth mentioning just in case it's a scam!

He appears to only have joined today and has sent me a PM!

Cheers.......Dave
nicoch
User

Post by nicoch »

the same on my pm :

Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to scan your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: ***total-scan/detected/nicoch***
Thank you. Forum member.
davebms
User

#3 SPAM

Post by davebms »

i got it as well, deleted ,pity these tossers i nothing better to do !! :roll:
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Looks like Nick has saved the day again.Have these leeches nothing better to do?.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Ok, assuming my PHP is correct, it should not be possible to access PM's untill 5 normal posts have been made
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

I listen to the PHP's too.

Cuppa tea?

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Is that what you call the voices in your head?
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Dave the bass wrote:I listen to the PHP's too.

Cuppa tea?

DTB
PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor is a widely used, general-purpose scripting language that was originally designed for young, pony tailed vegetarian bass players to listen to whilst drinking a cup of Rosie lea.

See, he's not so silly. :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Close..... :-)

Mythology

Flying Teapot (1973): Radio Gnome Trilogy, Part 1
Gong mythology is a collection of recurring characters, themes, and ideas that permeate the rock albums of Daevid Allen and Gong and to a lesser extent the early works of Steve Hillage. The story is based on a vision Allen had during the full moon of Easter, 1966 in which he claims he could see his future laid out before him. The mythology is hinted at through all of Gong's earlier albums but is not the central theme until the "Radio Gnome Trilogy" (1973-1974).
The story begins on the album Flying Teapot (1973) when a pig-farming Egyptologist called Mista T Being is sold a "magick ear ring" by an "antique teapot street vendor & tea label collector" called Fred the Fish. The ear ring is capable of receiving messages from the Planet Gong via a pirate radio station called Radio Gnome Invisible. Being and Fish head off to the hymnalayas of Tibet (sic) where they meet the "great beer yogi" Banana Ananda in a cave. Ananda tends to chant "Banana Nirvana Mañana" a lot and gets drunk on Foster's Australian Lager.
This latter development mirrors the real-life experience of band members Daevid Allen and Gilli Smyth who met their saxophonist, Didier Malherbe, in a cave in Majorca.
Meanwhile, the mythology's central character, Zero the Hero, is going about his everyday life when he suddenly has a vision in Charing Cross Road. He is compelled to seek heroes and starts worshipping the Cock Pot Pixie, one of a number of Pot Head Pixies from the Planet Gong. These pixies are green with propellers on their heads, and they fly around in teapots.
Zero is soon distracted by a cat which he offers his fish and chips to. The cat is actually the Good Witch Yoni, who gives Zero a potion. This concludes the first album of the Radio Gnome Trilogy.

Angel's Egg (1973): Radio Gnome Trilogy, Part 2
The second album Angel's Egg (1973) begins with Zero falling to sleep under the influences of the potion and finding himself floating through space. After accidentally scaring a space pilot called Captain Capricorn, Zero locates the Planet Gong, and spends some time with a prostitute who introduces him to the moon goddess Selene.
Zero's (drug-induced) trip to the Planet Gong continues, and the Pot Head Pixies explain to him how their flying teapots fly (a system known as Glidding). He is then taken to the One Invisible Temple of Gong.
Inside the temple, Zero is shown the Angel's Egg"the physical embodiment of the 32 Octave Doctors (descendants of the Great God Cell). The Angel's Egg is the magic-eye mandala that features on much of the band's sleeve-art. It is also a sort of recycling plant for Pot Head Pixies.
A grand plan is revealed to Zero. There will be a Great Melting Feast of Freeks which Zero must organize on Earth. When everyone is enjoying the Feast, a huge global concert, the Switch Doctor (the Earth's resident Octave Doctor, who lives near Banana Ananda's cave, in a "potheadquarters" called the Invisible Opera Company of Tibet (C.O.I.T.) and transmits all the details to the Gong Band via Bananamoon Observatory) will turn everybody's third eye on, ushering in a New Age on Earth.

You (1974): Radio Gnome Trilogy, Part 3
Daevid Allen, 1974
In the third installment You (1974), Zero must first return from his trip. He asks Hiram the Master Builder how to structure his vision and build his own Invisible Temple. Having done this, Zero establishes that he must organize the Great Melting Feast of Freeks on the Isle of Everywhere, Bali.
The event is going well, and the Switch Doctor switches on everyone's third eyes except for Zero's. For Zero is out the back, indulging in Earthly pleasures (fruitcake).
Zero has missed out on the whole third eye revelation experience and is forced to continue his existence spinning around on the wheel of births and deaths and slowly converging on the Angel's Egg in a way which, to a certain extent, resembles Buddhist reincarnation.

....achally...

DTB
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

I wish it was your definition Dave :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Nick wrote:I wish it was your definition Dave :-)

Sshhhhhhhhhh! :lol:

DTB
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Code: Select all

<?php

if ($self==$confused)
echo "<script> self.location.reload(true); </script>";

?>

Ah that's better

[/code]

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Dave the bass wrote:Close..... :-)

Mythology

Flying Teapot (1973): Radio Gnome Trilogy, Part 1
Gong mythology is a collection of recurring characters, themes, and ideas that permeate the rock albums of Daevid Allen and Gong and to a lesser extent the early works of Steve Hillage. The story is based on a vision Allen had during the full moon of Easter, 1966 in which he claims he could see his future laid out before him. The mythology is hinted at through all of Gong's earlier albums but is not the central theme until the "Radio Gnome Trilogy" (1973-1974).
The story begins on the album Flying Teapot (1973) when a pig-farming Egyptologist called Mista T Being is sold a "magick ear ring" by an "antique teapot street vendor & tea label collector" called Fred the Fish. The ear ring is capable of receiving messages from the Planet Gong via a pirate radio station called Radio Gnome Invisible. Being and Fish head off to the hymnalayas of Tibet (sic) where they meet the "great beer yogi" Banana Ananda in a cave. Ananda tends to chant "Banana Nirvana Mañana" a lot and gets drunk on Foster's Australian Lager.
This latter development mirrors the real-life experience of band members Daevid Allen and Gilli Smyth who met their saxophonist, Didier Malherbe, in a cave in Majorca.
Meanwhile, the mythology's central character, Zero the Hero, is going about his everyday life when he suddenly has a vision in Charing Cross Road. He is compelled to seek heroes and starts worshipping the Cock Pot Pixie, one of a number of Pot Head Pixies from the Planet Gong. These pixies are green with propellers on their heads, and they fly around in teapots.
Zero is soon distracted by a cat which he offers his fish and chips to. The cat is actually the Good Witch Yoni, who gives Zero a potion. This concludes the first album of the Radio Gnome Trilogy.

Angel's Egg (1973): Radio Gnome Trilogy, Part 2
The second album Angel's Egg (1973) begins with Zero falling to sleep under the influences of the potion and finding himself floating through space. After accidentally scaring a space pilot called Captain Capricorn, Zero locates the Planet Gong, and spends some time with a prostitute who introduces him to the moon goddess Selene.
Zero's (drug-induced) trip to the Planet Gong continues, and the Pot Head Pixies explain to him how their flying teapots fly (a system known as Glidding). He is then taken to the One Invisible Temple of Gong.
Inside the temple, Zero is shown the Angel's Egg"the physical embodiment of the 32 Octave Doctors (descendants of the Great God Cell). The Angel's Egg is the magic-eye mandala that features on much of the band's sleeve-art. It is also a sort of recycling plant for Pot Head Pixies.
A grand plan is revealed to Zero. There will be a Great Melting Feast of Freeks which Zero must organize on Earth. When everyone is enjoying the Feast, a huge global concert, the Switch Doctor (the Earth's resident Octave Doctor, who lives near Banana Ananda's cave, in a "potheadquarters" called the Invisible Opera Company of Tibet (C.O.I.T.) and transmits all the details to the Gong Band via Bananamoon Observatory) will turn everybody's third eye on, ushering in a New Age on Earth.

You (1974): Radio Gnome Trilogy, Part 3
Daevid Allen, 1974
In the third installment You (1974), Zero must first return from his trip. He asks Hiram the Master Builder how to structure his vision and build his own Invisible Temple. Having done this, Zero establishes that he must organize the Great Melting Feast of Freeks on the Isle of Everywhere, Bali.
The event is going well, and the Switch Doctor switches on everyone's third eyes except for Zero's. For Zero is out the back, indulging in Earthly pleasures (fruitcake).
Zero has missed out on the whole third eye revelation experience and is forced to continue his existence spinning around on the wheel of births and deaths and slowly converging on the Angel's Egg in a way which, to a certain extent, resembles Buddhist reincarnation.

....achally...

DTB
Now I know why I got into Northern Soul and Atlantic/Motown around 1973.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

There is but one rule regarding e-mails:

If you don't recognise who sent it - block it or delete it.

Simple.

To err from that is invite nasties.

So I wonder why do people constantly ask if something is a scam or not?

Yes it is. Either that or the equivalent of junk mail.

No, actually, I'm lying, send that man in Lagos £2500.00 his offer is genuine.
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

SteveTheShadow wrote:
Now I know why I got into Northern Soul and Atlantic/Motown around 1973.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve
Its because you live in the North innits?

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :lol:

DTB