Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I know what you ,mraem

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

The newsreader lady on Absolute Radio ~

"Hello my name is Tania Snugs and here are today's headlines ..."

Tania Snugs?   Image ...?!

Actually it's Snuggs (I Googled her)

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I am trying to create a basic op-amp model for LTspice. It already has a simple idealized op-amp model but TBH I want something that's more like a real circuit using real transistors like wot real circuits do innit. But not complicated.

But guess what it keeps getting complicated.

But I've just had an idea...

Actually I had it a couple of hours ago but you know what I mean

chris661
Shed dweller

Post by chris661 »

Breadboards arriving on Friday. Going to do some trial and error on a diode-based distortion circuit for my amp.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

We got a wasp nest under the bath

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Mike H wrote: But I've just had an idea...

Actually I had it a couple of hours ago but you know what I mean

I had one once ! Can't remember what it was about now. :wink:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Mike H wrote:We got a wasp nest under the bath

So, how do we know 'cause every time you have a shower it's followed by this buzzing noise. Originally assumed to be vibrating pipes due to tank refilling or summat like that. Niet....

It am be wasps under the bath ....

I imagine it's either the noise they take exception to or maybe hot water going up the hot water pipe. :?:

To cut a long story short I found their main entrance to outside is a tiny gap under the waste pipe through the wall.

Also, there's a bit of a crevice in the wall at the taps end where some tiles have come off. So occasionally we've had one in the room. In total have evicted 3 live ones and 4 dead ones.

These originate from the wall crevice, especially if having a shower so on the last occasion one of them comes out to find out what the hell is going on LOL

Anyroad, I heaped a load of insect powder into all crevices and blocked them up. Not a peep out of them since so we can assume they've done a bit of a perish. Well there's 3 dead ones on the mat this morning.

In addition ... Image

Yesterday discovered a small bee burrowing into our dining room window frame where there's a bit of rot. :!:

So, cleared it all out and bunged in Ronseal wood rot fluid followed by quick setting resin wood filler.

Right then, try chewing on that you little perisher ....

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

5 more wasp bodies this morning. That's 15 now.

line of unrelated context demarcation
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep losing the Internet!!

They reckon may be a fault between me and the exchange, checked all my cables, pretty sure it isn't me.

stevieg
mardy old git

Post by stevieg »

Keep losing the Internet!!
Probs to do with World Cup - you know, the event where 22 millionaires ruin a lawn. My connection went up the Swanee when Ingerland were playing.

All them bloggers, blogging away like bloggery.
In single malt we trust.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I reckon that's about the size of it, everything still up and running from this morning's reboot but incredibly slow! As of about 1:30pm.

It's the servers I'm sure of it.

I'd give 'em summink to blog about ... Image

shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

stevieg wrote:
All them bloggers, blogging away like bloggery.
More likely loads of streaming video.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Was pretty sure all along it isn't just me.

I was asked to get the line tested, so I did and the BT man says it's perfect, basically the ISP needs to get me a better connection.

Image So there you go

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

The plot thickens!!

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Both me 6X5 rectifiers have blown up now.

Still virtually useless Internet, BT and my ISP keep shuttilng me back and forth saying the other has got to do something.

Latest from BT 151 helpline, it's up to the ISP to sort it out, what I think she means is if they want BT to do something they have to ask directly.

Long-winded line testing session by ISP about midday today, with everything normally plugged in, then router unplugged, then 'phone unplugged, then microfilter unplugged (master socket connected to nuffink), 'A - B' all measures 10,000 Ohms (how do thay do that?) except when 'phone is in then 800 - 1,200 Ohms IIRC, so possibly 'phone is defective?

I think it's bollox - we're using either of two different 'phones (and only one at a time), so they've both gone simultaneously faulty then at the same instant?

Anyway to keep them happy I am "monitoring" it without the 'phone plugged in. It's still crap

What I'm pretty sure of is something somewhere has been gradually degrading over the past month 'til now it's practically unusable. Router's diagnostics show connection going up and down like a yo-yo

colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Ha yes I had problems like that when I had sky as my isp no speed atoll would not load a page and just grinded to a stop so got rid of sky and went back to Bt IT turned out that BT were throttling back the sky isp and sky would not do anything about it as they did not own the exchange. Equipment.So if you want trouble free and best speed it seems to be you have to Go for an isp that own there one exchange since I went back to Bt I have had on problems :)
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage