Hi from Hamish

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Hamish
User

#1 Hi from Hamish

Post by Hamish »

Hello Hello
have been recomended this place by a couple of Dave's on a couple of occations so thought i would stop by and say hello, only been mooching a few mins and already seen a whole load of familiar names.. happy days.

have recently switched from a naim set up to a tube distinctions set up (aos branded, but dont worry i aint here to cause any fuss .. i stick well out of all that) its been an emotional journey to the land of these glowing things (its happened at the same time as a house move), but i do listen to a lot more music since so i guess its been a success!
i use a majik ds and valve dac as a source and pmc speakers

all the best to those i know and those i dont

Hamish
Dave Cawley
User

Post by Dave Cawley »

Hi Hamish

Welcome to sanctuary! I met Nick at the show this weekend, a really top guy! They even gave me my own area to play in!

Regards

Dave
"if it measures well and sounds good, it is good : "if it measures badly and sounds bad it is bad" : "if it measures badly and sounds good, it could be improved" : "if it measures well but sounds bad it is bad"
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Hello, Hopefully as time goes on more of the newer members will get to meet the old timers. Any excuse to witter about audio and possibly drink beer :-).
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Hi Hamish,welcome to the oasis of (in)sanity! :D
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

Post by The Stratmangler »

Hi Hamish

Good to see you here.

Chris :)
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Hi Hamish. Good to see you.
Hamish
User

Post by Hamish »

Hi Dave, Ali, chris
nice to meet you nick
shane, are you speakers-1989 shane?

It's funny, I fist heard of this palce when (naughty) dave k was originally booted from aos but when I typed audio talk into google it showed me talk audio the car audio place .. Thought it a bit odd as I couldn't really see dave having 16 x 9's plumbed into his parcel shelf... I just thought maybe I had got him wrong and decided against joining. It was only after this recent sillyiness having a chat with dave cawley about my broken 1210 hepointed the place out to me as somewhere he was more frequently that I noticed I had been a numpty and clicked the wrong page on google... I'm guessing there is no plans for a sl1210 glove box conversion dave and that I am in the right place?
Hamish
User

Post by Hamish »

ah yes.. i found the timestep room
this place is confusing when you have vbuletin tatooed into your mind

is there a recent posts thing? or is it more a case of mooching the rooms?
Dave Cawley
User

Post by Dave Cawley »

For new posts, click on this then save it as a favourite

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/sear ... d=newposts

Regards

Dave
"if it measures well and sounds good, it is good : "if it measures badly and sounds bad it is bad" : "if it measures badly and sounds good, it could be improved" : "if it measures well but sounds bad it is bad"
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Hamish wrote:
shane, are you speakers-1989 shane?
No, Just shane, as on AOS and WD forums.
DaveK
User

#11 Belated Welcome - Your Fault!!!

Post by DaveK »

Hi Hamish,
At last you made it!! - congratulations - and I thought my instructions were infallible on how to get here :D :D I wasn't to know that you weren't computer literate was I? I thought you'd gone off me so I had a little sob into my hanky and then moved on (only jokin') :wink: .
Now I've half upset you can I finish the job properly and just say, "St. Ives sketch"
If I could find the emoticon of hiding behind the sofa I'd use it so this one will have to do :clock:
Welcome again (and goodbye?? :D :D )
Cheers,
Dave.
Graeme
Needs to get out more

Post by Graeme »

Welcome.

Its not a very easy forum to find is it!

I was invited (thank you :wink: ) but whenever im on a new computer without my fave's list i struggle to find the forum.

I guess this is semi on purpose?

On a 'need to know' basis? LOL
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Nick wrote:Hello, Hopefully as time goes on more of the newer members will get to meet the old timers. Any excuse to witter about audio and possibly drink beer :-).
Welcome Hamish.

Definitely the best way - come to a meet and find out that most of us are spoddy blokes interested in the tortuous pursuit of making our own hi fi and enjoy each other's company as it makes us feel like we're nearly normal. We're largely harmless, even if some of our amps aren't :lol:
Graeme
Needs to get out more

Post by Graeme »

:lol:

I just never used to be able to find it! I think that probably says more about my google skills that anything else.