Parts Express

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

#1 Parts Express

Post by Toppsy »

I can heartily recommend this Company in USA.

I ordered some TangBand FR drivers from their web site on a Thursday afternoon UK time and the drivers were delivered to my door the following Monday lunchtime. 4-days, now that's service for you.

You can even choose which shipping quote from that offered before placing your order. They follow up with a return email with a copy invoice and follow this when the goods are shipped and give you a tracking reference.

Their prices are also very good.

http://www.parts-express.com/home.cfm
Last edited by Toppsy on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Did you cop for the dreaded duty, or Parcelthief charge ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

I chose FedEx International Economy. There is no indication of charges on the paperwork attached to the delivery box only a customs sticker to say it's cleared customs.

However, if I seem to recall that the likes of FedEx send you a customs charge invoice some 5-days or so after delivery. So I'll let you know.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Philip,

Just got the Duty/VAT bill in today's post from Fedex. What a bummer :evil: :cry: But then I was half expecting it anyway.

At least Fedex handling charge is much less than Royal Mail and in the end the overall cost has worked out cheaper than buying the units from Europe. :)