Another Hi from (usually) Sunny Suffolk

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

DSJR wrote:
All is not lost regarding top quality vinyl playback though (even though the Dual 701 constantly surprises me). I dare not say more, but I'll be screaming from the rooftops on here and AOS if all comes to fruition - and it doesn't involve idlers or anything made by Linn or Technics.... :idea: :arrow:
As long as it "floats your boat" then that's OK. :wink:

Others might not do it "your" way, but so what. :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I'll flick you with my rubber band in a minute..

Rats I just sneezed out my Polo mint...

Damn impossible to hold onto 'em when you gotta sneeze...

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
DSJR
User

Post by DSJR »

Well, if all comes to fruition, it'll be a super deluxe *silicon* rubber belt driving a fairly massy platter and be almost totally immune to the support it's on (from prior experience)..

I still have to get the Techie SL150 into service. After cleaning the speed pots (all four of 'em) and the master switch, it's spinning a dream and keeping perfectly stable speed. :D

P.S. If anyone here has an SL1500 and wishes to use a non-Techie arm, could I please have first refusal on the Techie arm with plate?

P.P.S. I really need to get the TD125 going as well - oh gawd.....