Hello from Somerset!

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Yeah, rare that isn't it a female even interested in electronics. Elaine who used to work at the T.V workshop for the I.L.E.A was the only one I've ever met who made a living from it, she liked beer and roll ups too, we got on well :-)

I reckon there's a good 50-50 split in Science though. Certainly is here were I work.

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
DaveK
User

Post by DaveK »

Nick wrote:Yep, I can't help wanting to know out of sheer nosiness what discipline she is a scientist in.
Hi Nick,
Quote from an e-mail from Angela: -

"I have an ancient degree in Physics"

Nosiness satisfied ? :wink:
Cheers,
Dave.
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

I was going to post a link to her website 'cos it's interesting, but I can't find a link to it, and it doesn't come up on Google. Damned if I can remember how I got onto it now.
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Nick wrote:Yep, I can't help wanting to know out of sheer nosiness what discipline she is a scientist in.
And more importantly, does Angela like curry? :lol:
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Two very salient points and factual too?!? :D
DaveK
User

Post by DaveK »

shane wrote:I was going to post a link to her website 'cos it's interesting, but I can't find a link to it, and it doesn't come up on Google. Damned if I can remember how I got onto it now.
Comes up on my Google, try "Angela Kingdom, Somerset" - simples !!
Cheers,
Dave.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Computers, vintage audio and clay pigeon shooting. Whats not to like :-)

Notice the web site list a FARNELL FM3 maybe work asking if its still there Phil?

Ancient Physics, is that when flux was measured in Gauss?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

There was a programme on radio 4 last week, I think, about the Royal Institute. Worthys such as Newton and Wren were founder members and they were the first to coin the description 'scientist' for the sort of stuff they and their chums got up to.

A far cry though particulalry as Angela seems then to go back perhaps to Aristotle and the boys.

Or is she ancient and the science she does makes CERN look positively Victorian.

Dellightful conjecture and mystery!

Mind you, I think I'll shut up as I know no facts whatsoever - what I deal in is a complete absence of facts!
DaveK
User

Post by DaveK »

Nick wrote:Computers, vintage audio and clay pigeon shooting. Whats not to like :-)

Notice the web site list a FARNELL FM3 maybe work asking if its still there Phil?

No Nick, naughty !!! :D :D :wink: - ancient degree in Physics, not degree in Ancient Physics - tut tut. But they do say the old ones are the best ones and I'm not just talking about the jokes :D .
Cheers,
Dave.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

DaveK wrote:
Nick wrote:Computers, vintage audio and clay pigeon shooting. Whats not to like :-)

No Nick, naughty !!! :D :D :wink: - ancient degree in Physics, not degree in Ancient Physics - tut tut. But they do say the old ones are the best ones and I'm not just talking about the jokes :D .
Well, yes, I assumed they were commutable. I would expect at the time the degree was taken the state of physics was current. I should point out than when I did physics to a lowly A level standard we were still using CGS units like the Gauss.

Or maybe you just didnt understand what I was saying?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
DaveK
User

Post by DaveK »

Nick wrote: ....... or maybe you just didnt understand what I was saying?
Probably :D ; it's a long time since I did anything really Physical, and I wasn't very good at it even then !! :D
Cheers,
Dave.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Same here Image

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

andrew Ivimey wrote:You mean you have to have your curries warmed through? Goodness me - bless!
Ah the old cold curry for breakfast is it?
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

that's better, restores faith in those north of the border! (Watford Gap)