New to the forum

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
cressy
Shed dweller

Post by cressy »

hi ray, welcome to the forum, plenty of amps speakers ect tolook at, see scott for the speakers, hes the resident speaker guru, forgotten more than i'll ever know!

another amp suggestion is the simple el84. i like push pull amps and this one is a little cracker. ive just finished one for a friend and for what it is its a great little amp. see thread "a system for a really great bloke" for a vague idea of what can be done

another to look at thats simple to build is andrews 45 push pull. still my favourite amp out of all the ones ive heard, but it does need high quality transformers. i tried one and used cheapo transformers and it didnt have the magic that andrews does

cheers ant
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

Hello Ray. Haven't been here long myself.
ray
User

Post by ray »

Hi everyone,
Well i am sorry i missed your comments till this evening! I moved over to Everyones projects page where i posted "complete listening room from scratch"
Especially thanks for the info on the rocky amp.

Cheers everyone!
ray
User

Post by ray »

floppybootstomp wrote:Hello Ray. Haven't been here long myself.
You must like The Capain, Yes?
ray
User

Post by ray »

Scottmoose wrote:Needs a minimum listening distance of 8ft & keep them away from corners.
Hello Scott.

The room is about 13 feet by 20 feet, the speakers will be firing down the 20ft length. So with the speakers 8ft apart they will be 2ft 6inches from the side walls. They can be anything up to 6ft from the speaker end wall. The listening end should be pretty efficient at bass absorption. The speaker end i intended to build pretty reflective and solid. Does this make sense?

I have studies cardas listening room but now you mention it i will take another look. I wont be buying Cardas cable!

Cheers
Ray
Mak_Agergy
New User

#21 New to the forum

Post by Mak_Agergy »

im new to the site just sayin hi and nice to meet all of you more pics of my build coming soon
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Hi, welcome :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Hi and welcome. Hope it's warmer where you are. Minus 13 here this morning. Just a bit brisk!
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Greetings!

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Hi
Welcome to Audio Talk :)
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Hello, good afternoon and welcome 8)