Nicks Aikido 300b amp

What people are working on at the moment
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

The low output impedance will be seductive in bass, but unlikely the rest will sound as good as your 300b or 211.
No, I don't have too high hopes, but the thought of biamping with the 300b on the 167e and the 6c33c on the 15" did spring to mind.
Why are you allowed to multiply by the winding ratio?
Coz it was my post and I was trying to make a dodgy point?

Actually my justification is, that the PSRR equation gives the ratio of power supply to signal. But in reality we are less interested in the ratio of the power supply to the signal on the anode, but the ratio of the power supply to the signal driving the loudspeaker, so for a given output voltage, the actual total ratio should also take into account the stepdown.

So a 1v variation in the B+ on a 45 amp, would create a 1/4.1 or 0.24v signal across the primary, and with a 25:1 TX that would produce a 9mv output to the speakers

The same 1v variation on a 6c33c amp, would create a 1/4.75 or 0.21v signal across the primary, and that with a 6:1 tx would produce a 35mv output.

So given the same speakers and same listening levels, the lower Ra amp would generate a larger amount of B+ induced signal than the higher Ra amp.

But it was late :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.