Hello All

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Alex_UK
User

#1 Hello All

Post by Alex_UK »

Hi everyone, I'm Alex from Suffolk - some of you may know me from AoS. Well, my main reason for venturing away is the Garrard 401 that I have and now want to develop, and that lot on AoS all just rave on about some old DJ deck that's supposedly the dogs! :wink:

The rest of my main system is a Marantz SA7001 KI Signature CD/SACD Player, Roku Soundbridge, Laptop & XBox360 all connected to Beresford Caiman. Pro-Ject RPM 4 Turntable into Rotel RQ970BX Phono stage.
Creek Evo Integrated Amplifier. Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3 Speakers. Various cables. Grado SR60 Phones.

I've got a lovely 1 year old daughter called Tamzin who is the apple of my eye, and her edcation fund will take priority over new hifi boxes - and anyway, I've had this system for nearly 15 years - the only thing I've replaced is the sources, the amp, the speakers and cables!
:lol:

Musically - anything and everything - last few albums I played (shamelessly pinched from an AoS post) - currently going through the "Ps to Rs" on CD (I've got around 2,000 CD Albums, 800 Vinyl LPs, assorted singles in all formats)

Primal Scream - Vanishing Point
Propaganda - A Secret Wish
Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication
Jessica Rhaye - Short Stories
Rilo Kylie - Take Offs & Landings
Sonny Rollins - Rollins 'Round Midnight
Beth Rowley - Little Dreamer

Anyway, look forward to chatting with you all.
cressy
Shed dweller

Post by cressy »

welcome to the oasis of sanity alex, we'll have you valved up to the eyeballs within 6 months.............. regards ant
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

Welcome....to the madhouse....

-- Andrew
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Hi Alex,

Good to see you here. yep, forget that DJ deck which only works properly with hundreds of pounds thrown at it. For 401 stuff, you're in the right place.

Regards,

Greg
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Hi Alex,good to see you here. :)
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Hi Alex
Welcome :)
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Welcome to the haven of tranquillity and wisdom (that's when Dave's not slagging off Grandad Phil, and Andrew I's poetic urges aren't troubling him too much).

Seriously, this is definitely the most relaxed and informative forum out there. Enjoy...
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

shane wrote: Seriously, this is definitely the most relaxed and informative forum out there. Enjoy...
Bloody hell, we are failing on both counts :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

You're falling down on the job, Nick. I'm sure I know someone who could give you some valuable lessons in how to run a forum!
Alex_UK
User

Post by Alex_UK »

Thanks guys - trawling through the 401 threads now, before I start asking the same questions! (or rather to avoid asking the same questions, but no guarantees!)
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

shane wrote:You're falling down on the job, Nick. I'm sure I know someone who could give you some valuable lessons in how to run a forum!
Hey, I am relying on you lot for misinformation and hassle, do I have to do everything myself?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Like er, Hi man ... Wilkommen and bienvenu
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Well that's what happens when you adopt this strange laid-back hippy-style hands-off attitude. You just aren't fulfilling your responsibilities as a forum director. Next thing you know, we'll all be having our own ideas about what sounds good and how to achieve audio nirvana.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

andrew Ivimey wrote:Like er, Hi man ... Wilkommen and bienvenu
Us Suffolk folk (well I'm so very nearly in Suffolk :wink: )might not understand de lingo European. :lol:

What part of Suffolk are you Alex, and is your 401 in need of much attention before you can start playing vinyl ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

shane wrote:we'll all be having our own ideas about what sounds good and how to achieve audio nirvana.
...hang on Shane, i haven't sussed out loadlines and amp designing properly yet.... don't diss him too much :lol:

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"