Tirna Electronics, Peeblesshire.

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
DaveK
User

#1 Tirna Electronics, Peeblesshire.

Post by DaveK »

Having just had my Beresford 7520 DAC mod'd by Tirna Electronics (installation of Wolfson chip and their own version of 4032 op-amp), I cannot speak highly enough of the response, service, quality of workmanship and post mod follow-up. If any of you solder phobics (like me) need some work doing on your precious bits of kit I can thoroughly recommend them. The improvement in the performance of the 7520 (excellent to start with) has improved immeasurably in both line out and headphone.
Cheers,
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Good to have recommendations. But I must admit a touch of doubt about them having their "own" version of a Ti part? They don't look the size to have their own fab.

Also if thats the same lot, good that they have a range of SMD to DIP adaptors, but would recommend looking on ebay before paying those prices myself.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Clive
Old Hand

Post by Clive »

I believe that by "own version" of the 4032 Dave&Sue means that that Tirna have fitted it to brown dog type of plug-in adapter and added a cap to the PS pins such that it'll fit a Beresford 7520 DAC without fouling the lid. A special version of the 4032 chip it isn't.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Ah, I see.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
DaveK
User

Post by DaveK »

Clive wrote:I believe that by "own version" of the 4032 Dave&Sue means that that Tirna have fitted it to brown dog type of plug-in adapter and added a cap to the PS pins such that it'll fit a Beresford 7520 DAC without fouling the lid. A special version of the 4032 chip it isn't.
Hi Clive,
You are spot on with your interpretation - sorry for any confusion.

Hi pre65,
Yes, that one - how many Tirna Electronics in Peeblesshire can there be? :? :?
Cheers,
Dave.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Dave&Sue wrote: Hi pre65,
Yes, that one - how many Tirna Electronics in Peeblesshire can there be? :? :?
Cheers,
Dave.
:wink:

Best thing is Dave (and anyone else posting) to add a link on the original post so any interested viewers can go straight to the site rather than us all having to Google it individually. :lol:

Edit-unless you had not posted enough posts to add links at the time ? :wink: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
DaveK
User

Post by DaveK »

http://www.tirnaelectronics.co.uk/
Like this?
Wasn't aware of how to do it but if this works I now know - sorry for not making it easier. :o
Cheers,
Dave.