HIFI collective

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I get the impression like me there's only Nick doing everything ~ I too have had 2 or 3 of the same email sometimes in a day cos "I'm not responding fast enough". Trouble is if I sit at the computer all the time "just in case", nothing else gets done! Quite apart from backlogs! And the time I spend on answering questions...

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

Ooh ooh ooh - another one to add to my 'Suppliers - Electronics' favourite links.

Groovy.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Yes worth knowing about. Image

Also the official distributor of ICW ClarityCaps by the way. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

I placed an online order at 8 PM last night for some fancy resistors and they did not come in this mornings post ! :wink:

Seriously, they will be here tomorrow no doubt and it's good to have such a quick and reliable supplier.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Just to reiterate my pleasure in dealing with this company.

No hassles with the online ordering system, very good choice of product, and bestest of all a very quick delivery.

Just got my latest small order. :D

PS I have no connection with them other than as a very satisfied customer.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Yep I'll second that. Image

Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Thirded! Service is always great.
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Yep, and Nick Lucas is a great bloke as well!
Phil Y
User

Post by Phil Y »

I have used H.C. many times and allways found their service excellent.

Phil.
Cubesfortubes
User

Post by Cubesfortubes »

Does anybody know a guy named Mo? He contacted me in behalf of HiFi Collective. I'm not sure whether that was fake.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Yep, Mo posts on here, is for real (in general), and often is connected to HFC.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Cubesfortubes
User

Post by Cubesfortubes »

Thank you, Nick! Unfortunately, I get a lot of fake inquiries from the UK. You sell something and, oops, some weeks later you'll have a nasty credit card cashback problem with your Paypal account. Sorry for my suspicion, I didn't want to sound rude.

Mike
Mo
Old Hand

Post by Mo »

Thanks Nick for putting the record straight.

Mike check your spam filter i've sent you a few emails.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

Another bag of nice bits from HFC delivered on Friday, all present and correct . I think I ordered on the Tuesday night . Excellent service, and a lot of very nice products on the website each time I look on there .
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Cubesfortubes wrote:Thank you, Nick! Unfortunately, I get a lot of fake inquiries from the UK. You sell something and, oops, some weeks later you'll have a nasty credit card cashback problem with your Paypal account. Sorry for my suspicion, I didn't want to sound rude.

Mike
Very valid fear. But poor Mo, so unfair, he is the last person to do this to you most of us know him face to face, he is a gentleman.

This credit card charge back problem is rediculous. Most people here being consumers will not see it. But to people in business like you and me it is a massive problem.

I decided not to take cards. My bank wanted me to deposit £5,000 of security with them if I wished to take money for my big jobs on credit cards, in their words "to protect US from the charge back risk!"

Well I thought if the system is so bad that the banks are at risk no way I am lending that system £5,000.

Customer wants a service including materials from me they pay properly. Not in a way that they can then scam me out of the payment without having to give or prove a valid case. Because what a lot of people don't realise, because it doesn't make good news, is that there are many moor dodgy customers than dodgy builders. It is weighed far more in the other direction.