For Sale, Kenwood KD-7010 DD Turntable

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
Richard Higgins
User

#1 For Sale, Kenwood KD-7010 DD Turntable

Post by Richard Higgins »

Kenwood Direct Drive Turntable KD-7010
There has been a strong suggestion that 7 turntables in the house are several too many, so, as one of the more saleable ones, this one has to go.

The Kenwood DDs are rare in GB.

Bought for me in Germany by a friend and hand delivered.
Complete with original manual, in German, Dutch and Italian, and copy of Service Manual in English.

Quote from motor cover under platter “This model incorporates an integrated die cast frame structure which mounts the motor and tonearm within a closed loop and reduces music energy-loss to zero”. In other words, it has the die cast spider chassis.

Good overall condition, small scratch on the front of the black plinth, all works well.
The plastic cover is in good condition. This is a 220 volt model, it is said its OK to run from our mains due to tolerances, but I run it via a Swampy mains filter modified to reduce the voltage to 220.

Works well with a Denon 103 with added mass on the headshell. This requires an additional weight for the balance weight, which is available with the turntable.
Also wooden cone feet, and the original feet, are included in the sale.

I have the transit bolts, but I would not like to trust delivery to Parcel Force.
Happy to demonstrate (with a denon103, which is not included in the sale), or I will be at the Owston gathering on the Saturday.

I can send anyone interested photos by e-mail.

Sounds different, but comparable, to a high spec LP12, which makes it excellent value at £280.

Regards Richard Higgins