speaker leeds with fluid conductors

Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 speaker leeds with fluid conductors

Post by Paul Barker »

Did a powerflush for this dude called Mick in the smoke.

There was a smell of blow in the air, he admitted to a previous big coak addiction, the walls of the room were decorated with Gibsons and Resonators but his best guitar was a smallish sort of gypsy one which had been shattered and he glued it all together, he played some slide on it which made Rye Cooder sound like he was still in short trousers.

Naturally before I started the powerflush machine we chilled out and talked valves and such and listened to some blues. He was already in the zone judging by the smell in the room.

Anyhow he seemed to have some rich friends and one had given him a set of speaker cables made by a physisist (acording to Mick) that should have cost him £900 (so not particularly good on the Russ Andrews standard of measure) in which fluid is the conductor.

Were they any good? Haven't a clue, no alternatives to compare against. Mick said they made a difference when he put them in.

What do you think is in them sea water?

He tried to give me a cd spinner, some sort of yamaha or yakooza or something from that terrible period in cd listening and hifi as a whole where the seperates were making sounds worth about £10 a piece.

I poliotely declined. Didn't want to upset him but did mention that I still like vinyl.

Not trying ot convert anyone.

Anyway he would have found it too upseting his cd collection would have stocked an Oxford street record store, so his previous vinyl collection must have been something. To tell him his vinyl was a lot better would be like the people who visited me up north a year after we made the great shift to tell me that houses in Dartford had doubled that year.

Some things are best not said.
Neal
Shed dweller

Post by Neal »

What was in them? Snake Oil of course, 8) the best conductor material available.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Ha ha ha

weird!

So we have leaky grids, leaky caps and now we can have leaky cables - that'ud make a mess of the carpet and I'd be in even more trouble!
Lee S
Old Hand

Post by Lee S »

Mercury?
©2020 Lee
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Money > Sense

maybe?

Or physicist with a sense of humor?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

It's the new alchemy :) Speaker cables that offer the elixir of life :D
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

Post by Scottmoose »

:lol:

I wondered when that old idea would resurface. It's been lurking on the fringes since the late 1980s.

Mercury was typically favourite topic for the idea of fluid conductors but it never got very far, primarily due to the health concerns. Quicksilver isn't exactly the healthiest substance around. Although where would we have been in the 18th & 19th centuries without the blue pill? So, mercury is a possible, though if they were built up by a physicist who clearly has far too much spare time on his hands, there are a few other possibilities. I believe a small company called Teo Audio are in the process of launching a set of liquid conductor cables at present, but not using mercury -it's gallium & indium IIRC. 6moons have a preview on their site somewhere -popped up last month. Why the blazes you'd want to of course is more problematic. The lunatics have clearly taken over the asylum. :roll:
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com