Hello all

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
RussellS
User

Post by RussellS »

I guess I'm the newest 'new boy'. Semi-retired electronics enthusiast who built his first Mullard 5-10 when he was nineteen and still uses it weekly.

Built my own 16Hz to 25KHz loudspeakers as well...

I have a Hickok 6000 valve tester (my pride and joy) and lots of old stuff in my outside workshop that make my wife bemoan being a 'man-cave widow'.

I have already repaired and improved General Jan Smuts' dining-room radio (in the Smuts museum, Irene, South Africa) and now have his bedside radio as my latest project. Sadly, someone has been at it with a pair of pliers some time in the past and it may take a while to get it singing again.
I either do, or I don't. There is no 'try'.
Greg2010
User

Post by Greg2010 »

Hi Duncan,

Good to see you on here.

I'm pleased with the sound, (and finish) so much so that my 300b mono's have been sitting idle since it was finished. I had problems with the traffo's:- mechanical noise feeding back through the chassis, I had to return them for investigation and re varnishing. Sorted now though :D .

The paint used is plastikote, it seems to withstand the heat pretty well, and available in all sorts of colours and finishes.
I trust you'll get some pics up of the brass monos, bet they look very well.

Regards
Greg
Greg2010
User

Post by Greg2010 »

Hi Russell, welcome,
It may be better if you started your own thread in the new users section, it may get more attention than hidden here.
It sounds like you've been around for a while, I trust you'll enjoy your time here.

Regards
Greg