Hi from Portsmouth

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Val
New User

#1 Hi from Portsmouth

Post by Val »

I'm Val, 51, and just getting in to electronics/valves. I've always been interested but never had the time and space to indulge!

I have a collection of Leak Stereo 20's and TL12+'s that I have restored and fettled and last year I built Nicks' OTL Headphone amp

My next build is going to be the SPWound Transformer Coupled PP 300b amp (PP002) but using a 5687 input stage from Nick.

I thought that I would join here so that I can bother you guys with my dumb questions rather than pestering Nick all the time!

Cheers

Val
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Hi Val and welcomw :hello2:
I thought that I would join here so that I can bother you guys with my dumb questions rather than pestering Nick all the time!
Were good at giving dumb answers to dumb questions. :lol:
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Yes welcome, I'd continue to pester Nick if I were you.

If you ask a question of this quirky, eccentric, sometimes happy band of brothers you will get many answers only some of which are at best partially correct but which nonetheless might be quite interesting depending on your point of view and how tolerant you are to wildly lateral thinking.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

:lol:

And greetings Image

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Welcome Val :)
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Is Val in the Paddy McGinty's Goat sense of the word or Amy Winehouse?

Welcome whichever.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Hello and welcome to AT.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.