Bin Laden killed

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1 Bin Laden killed

Post by pre65 »

I don't suppose it will lessen the threat of terror, but I read Osama Bin Laden has been killed in Pakistan by the Americans.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Am I the only one to find the scenes of jubilation in America rather disturbing and distasteful?

At least it improves Obama's chances of a second term.
chris661
Shed dweller

Post by chris661 »

shane wrote:Am I the only one to find the scenes of jubilation in America rather disturbing and distasteful?

Agreed.

Something tells me that these celebrations will be more provocative for revenge attacks than if his death was quietly announced, and everyone just carried on with their lives.

I can understand a country might want someone dead, but to celebrate their death degrades the country immensely.
What's worse, there was no trial - he could well have been a scape goat. That'd make more sense than putting the head of a large, powerful organisation at risk by showing him to the world.

Chris
david C
Old Hand

Post by david C »

as you say Chris in the short term it will increase the use of terror as they retaliate for the death,

I think that they are well established now and don't need Osama bin Laden to lead them,
David

Wasps are the Katie Price of the Animal Kingdom - utterly pointless and bloody irritating!
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

figure head becomes martyr? perhaps. someone at ground zero was quoted as 'you've got your wedding we've got this.' makes you think ...
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
richardcooper2k
Old Hand

Post by richardcooper2k »

although the celebrations in the US make me feel uncomfortable i can see why it is happening. the twin towers was a huge shock to them - i don't think they thought something like that could happen on their home territory. I suspect their killing of Bin Laden may have provided some catharsis and closure on it.

on the other hand the street celebrations/demonstrations current in the states seem to mirror scenes i have seen on TV in countries viewed by some as less civilised when they feel they have got one up on the west. perhaps it just shows we are all the same ?
Mo
Old Hand

Post by Mo »

shane wrote:
Attachments
zombie_i.jpg
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

I hear Sir Elton John has issued a tribute song 'Sandals In The Bin'

Other people I know have commented that the Americans' jubilation has been in bad taste, I'm of two minds myself, can see both sides of the coin.

To get excited and joyous about a death still leaves a bad taste in the mouth though.

I still have my doubts that he's actually been killed, it was all a bit quick, a bit cut and dried wasn't it? Swift burial at sea and all.

Still, if it was true at least there will be do martyr's shrine, unless, of course, somebody gets the co-ordinates, places a marker boy and organises boat trips. With refreshemnts, of course.
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony
Mo
Old Hand

Post by Mo »

There has never been such an opportunity for the US government to stage a false flag event in order to start yet another war as there is today. The set up is obvious to libertarians and some sane others, but it eludes most all Americans who are busy dancing in the street after the so-called killing of Osama bin Laden.

Consider the timing of this attack by US Navy SEALs, and then consider recent events. First, the economy is in shambles, unemployment is sky high, price inflation is excessive, and the US military has been bombing civilians in an attempt to assassinate Gaddafi, including murdering innocent little children. Our money is being destroyed before our eyes. The wars are not going well for the ruling elite, and Obama's ratings are horribly low at the beginning of his presidential crusade. One very important factor is that criticism of these wars has been growing at an accelerated pace. Hatred of the insidious TSA is also becoming much more evident. While civil liberty destruction is still rampant, it is being questioned more often, and with increased intensity.

What better reason then for an event to solidify the masses, and put them on guard for the now coming "terrorist" attacks due to the death of bin Laden. This stone kills a lot of birds it seems, and in my opinion this is no coincidence. In a matter of a few hours, the serfs were in the streets carrying flags, and screaming "God bless the USA." All the media was abuzz with fervent displays of renewed patriotism.

But what came next should have been expected. We were told that the scourge of the east was dead. One would think that the head of the monster had been forever severed, and that the war would end, but that would not be the case. The politicians and talking heads in the media immediately went on the offensive, and stated that we should be even more vigilant in the war on terror because there will be more attacks due to bin Laden's death.

Hillary Clinton began her talk by praising the troops for their "courage and commitment." Yes, the troops had once again become our saviors, literally pulling us from the mouth of the beast. In her next statement she strongly exclaimed "we will continue taking the fight to al Qaeda and their Taliban allies." She next talked about even more massive interference and imperialistic goals. "All over the world we will press forward, bolstering our partnerships, strengthening our networks, investing in a positive vision of peace and progress, and relentlessly pursuing the murderers who target innocent people." (Emphasis added) Really! The US killing machine is going after all those who target innocent people, and all over the planet? That is hypocrisy beyond understanding.

These events are shaping future foreign policy, and the window of opportunity in my opinion is short. All that is necessary is to rally the sheep around the flag, and that was accomplished by the charade in Pakistan.

Police in some areas have already increased security measures, and intelligence gathering has intensified. In New York, more police have been sent to patrol subways, airports, and bridges. This is just the beginning. More fear has been instilled in the minds of Americans once again, and conditions are ripe for a false flag event staged by those who would gain power and money with more war. Certainly, Obama has an obvious incentive to be the protector of the country given his current presidential run. But many others stand to gain from such an event as well.

All that is now necessary to prosecute the next war by the US Empire is an attack or threat of an attack. Whether manufactured by our own government or not, that event would serve as the lynchpin of yet more US aggression. Aggression not just against those in far away lands, but aggression here at home aimed at our liberty and our freedom.

Nothing is what it seems, and the risk to us all is great. Much scrutiny should be evident concerning anything coming out of Washington D.C. or the mainstream media. Lies abound, but this set up is obvious, and is staring us square in the face. Believing otherwise is foolish as far as I'm concerned, and this is no time for gullibility or flag waving.

What the triggering event will be is not easy to discern, but whatever it is will be obvious once it occurs. Any event that heightens the terror alert or brings calls for retaliation should be examined carefully. It could be a downed airliner, an attack on a US embassy, a bomb inside our borders, or any number of other things. Regardless of the type of aggression, take heed, and don't assume anything. The government lies continuously, and any attack is in this government's, its military, and its corporate partner's best interests.

I understand that many are afraid, but we should not fear any foreign invader. We should only fear our own government because the threat will come from within. We are in a very precarious situation, but because this new threat is so conspicuous, we should be able to see it coming. We are moving inexorably toward the next false flag, but this time even more could be at stake. Nothing should be taken for granted, and none should be surprised by anything that happens.

The monster of the east is gone, but the beast that is the US government is alive and well, and planning chaos. Our eyes should be open and our minds clear, for what is coming is vile. War is criminal and it is unholy, and our government is planning even more aggression. This bin Laden farce is evidence enough. Those who purposely cause and wage war, and do so to gain money and power, are savage, depraved, and evil. But those who applaud the murdering of others in the name of false defense are the enablers. Without the consent of the people, the government would be forced to stand down. It is time to stand up and stop this insanity!

Naturally the common people don't want war... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders... All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism.

~ Herman Goer
ing
Mo
Old Hand

Post by Mo »

The above is an article from a New York based financial publication sent out this morning.
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

So, not much changed in the USA since the Civil War then?

We (the UK) are ruled by Washington DC of course and wittingly or unwittingly, willingly or unwillingly, will always do their bidding.

Cheapo journalism alert!
...and the US military has been bombing civilians in an attempt to assassinate Gaddafi, including murdering innocent little children.
Imo any journalist who uses the word 'little' to gain sympathy when describing children should henceforth be unemployed or forced to scrub urinals with a toothbrush for a year.

Of course children are little. Well, until they get around to about 12 or 13 then most start getting decidedly big.

Using the word 'little' in a news story is journalistic unforgiveable sin # 22.

As for Obama, liberals may rejoice in the fact he's black but the truth is 'Meet the new boss, same as the old boss'. And from what I can see (and this disappoints me cos I'm at heart a bit of a leftie) he's doing a pretty crap job so far, the man has no mettle.

Wooh. Politics.
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

In many cases wars are about making money ~ this is an age old idea ~ examples

Rome's invasion of Dalmatia, pretext, somebody wouldn't marry a princess or something ~ real reason, get their gold

Caesar's invasion of Gaul, pretext, defend the Gauls from a Swiss invasion (which in reality merely consisted of immigrants, and thus included many old folks, children, women, animals etc.) - real reason, get their gold and silver

Claudius' invasion of Britain, pretext, smash the evil druid cult once and for all - real reason, get their gold and tin

The so-called 100 years war, where British barons rampaged through France with monotonous regularily to bring back loads of gear to tart up their castles with. Although it might be fair to suggest they never pretended that there was much more to it than that.

And so on....

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."