Hello from BLS Transformers

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
blstransformers
New User

#1 Hello from BLS Transformers

Post by blstransformers »

Hi there,

I've been sent here from the Art of Sound forum. My name is Simon Williams and I own a small transformer company called BLS Electronics, based in the hills of County Durham. We've been in existence since 1973, making high quality transformers for various industrial customers. Recently, we've moved into the audio market with customers such as Ashdown Engineering, Audio Kitchen amps and Analogue Tube. I noticed we've been mentioned already in a separate topic.

For further information, google BLS Electronics.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Hi Simon.

I found your web site ! I was looking for output transformers but you don't seem to list any ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

HI,

I think Will has been singing your praise in the past :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Yeah, Will had a batch of chokes done a while back I think. Been meaning to see how competitive they are :-). It would be nice to buy British without paying Sowter prices.
al newall
Needs to get out more

Post by al newall »

I'm using one of your chokes right now.
Seems alright. :D
Much to learn there is.
James
User

Post by James »

I have used Simon (BLS) for several special custom mains transformers and chokes now and cannot recommend him highly enough. Great personal service and excellent value for money.

James.
blstransformers
New User

Post by blstransformers »

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :D Pre65, we have only just opened the webshop, so there's not a lot in there yet. Work on the webshop is going in fits and starts at the moment. Bad weather, a sudden unexpected workload on the industrial side of things and my wife being laid up in bed with a broken leg doesn't help either :( . Let me know what you need in an output transformer and I'll be glad to help. If you've sent me a PM, I'll go and make 3 more posts, then I'll be able to read it :lol:
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

OK Simon, I did indeed send you a PM, but I did not realise you could not read them yet. I thought that only applied to sending PM's.

I have now got a couple of the 10H chokes you did for Will coming from another member and I was impressed by the quality of the product.

PS. I have sent the message to the e-mail on your web site now.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)