Squeezebox 3 no more so ...

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

I waited for the Touch because it will play files from a directly attached HD,which is what I was looking for as I find having a pc on distracting when I want to listen. Sounds great from it's analogue outs to my ears.Can be bettered with a good dac though there's not a great deal in it.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I have a few crits of the Touch ...

It is tiny and in no way relects the mahoosive amount of music it plays - all day, everyday, if I wish.

I have already forgotten albums that are in the basement so to speak and that is a shame - making it so small and neat means more gets lost.

Not everything gets flacc'd as I would wish and I have had to re-record albums - that may be the fault of the hard drive or software.

such a tiny screen - how can I read the album notes?

it is rather good though.

I am also very sceptical that the ludicrously expensive improved power supplies the industry has spawned is just another attempt to part the credulous from their hard earned!
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

pre65 wrote:
Mike H wrote:Curious of Crudgington.
Has Mike moved house ? :wink:
No because it rhymes. Sort of :D

How is Mr I getting on with his squeezy thing. Must admit I use Windows media player sometimes on the "office" system.
I've gone off WMP, I'm not convinced it isn't "fiddling" with the output, use iTunes for all that sort of thing now

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

richardcooper2k wrote:a hammer and some pliers

.........not really
lol :lol:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."