Hello from E17

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
ed
retired

Post by ed »

Nick wrote:Sat nav having a laugh.

No, I had to drop a amp in with Nick at HFC, and pick a preamp up for repair.
you could've arranged to meet him at p'boro services and come all the way down the A1 and seen the glorious colours.......good therapy..

reminds me...we(me and NickL) arranged a meet sometime back and he forgot about me and went to Simon Pope's leaving do...he still owes me big time...you might remind him...snigger
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
chris661
Shed dweller

#17 Re: Hello from E17

Post by chris661 »

RobHolt wrote:Met Nick at the London Bake-Off show yesterday and got chatting after he kindly brought along his superb 211 based power amplifier and two box pre to the amplifier room.
During the conversation I realised this was the same Nick from the days of the original WAD forum.
Enjoyed the discussion and the amps yesterday so here I am.

System has moved on a bit since those days (WAD Pre/6550/Impulse horns) to Quad ESL57s driven by a 34/306 though i still have my much rebuilt WAD Phono 2, and my Kit6550 is out on loan but I'd never part with it. My first valve project and i'm therefore very attached to it.

Vinyl source is Rega p9 with AT33ptg and these days digital source is streaming using Apple notebooks.

I should also say that I have a trade connection to Audiosmile - important that such things are declared IMO.
Welcome to the forums.

Looks like DTB's beat me to the Youngest Member Award... again.