About time i said hello from sunny Sheffield

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
offanonone
User
Location: Sheffield. The capital of the republic of South Yorkshire.

#1 About time i said hello from sunny Sheffield

Post by offanonone »

Hello all,

Been a lurker for a while :oops:

I recognise a lot of your names from other forums (Hi Phil, I sent you an 'O' ring for your plastic Lenco idler wheel many moons ago)

Being a Yorkshire Man with a Scottish wife and a great believer of not throwing away anything that can be fixed or re-cycled into something else (Thanks Dad :) ) , you can probably tell what my system is like - so here goes.
Lenco GL75 in Trespa 2 tier plinth with Hadcock 220 gimbal arm (Due for a diy replacement) and Goldring 1012 cartridge. Into at present a Cambridge Audio 540P phono stage (Collecting parts for a WD Phono 3 clone with Ruski valves). Passive pre, 6C4C SET amp (get*set*go) and some very old Mordant Short Carnival II bookshelf speakers. (I know, too inefficient for a 3 watt amp and crap to look at but, I'm enjoying the nice noises in my small attic TV and computer free den.)

I have been making replacements for about a year. One day they may get finished :lol: :lol:

Along with the Pass Labs B1 buffer, DIY Lenco based Turntable, RCM, etc, etc.

John.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Hiya, with that set of kit, sounds like you have a lot in common with many of the folk around here :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

#3 Re: About time i said hello from sunny Sheffield

Post by colin.hepburn »

offanonone wrote:Hello all,

Been a lurker for a while :oops:

I recognise a lot of your names from other forums (Hi Phil, I sent you an 'O' ring for your plastic Lenco idler wheel many moons ago)

Being a Yorkshire Man with a Scottish wife and a great believer of not throwing away anything that can be fixed or re-cycled into something else (Thanks Dad :) ) , you can probably tell what my system is like - so here goes.
Lenco GL75 in Trespa 2 tier plinth with Hadcock 220 gimbal arm (Due for a diy replacement) and Goldring 1012 cartridge. Into at present a Cambridge Audio 540P phono stage (Collecting parts for a WD Phono 3 clone with Ruski valves). Passive pre, 6C4C SET amp (get*set*go) and some very old Mordant Short Carnival II bookshelf speakers. (I know, too inefficient for a 3 watt amp and crap to look at but, I'm enjoying the nice noises in my small attic TV and computer free den.)

I have been making replacements for about a year. One day they may get finished :lol: :lol:

Along with the Pass Labs B1 buffer, DIY Lenco based Turntable, RCM, etc, etc.

John.
Hi offanonone
Welcome to audio talk
Yep the WD phono is fun I built a clone of the WAD phono 2 but its slowly morphing into A WD phono 3s see list of WAD/phono2/3 threads near the bottom of page it maybe of intrest to you
http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/view ... c&start=45
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

Welcome...to the madhouse.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Oi! Plagiarist! Capital of South Yorkshire my arse :lol:. Welcome - looks like you'll fit in well, and another member of the Yorkshire gang. :)
Graeme
Needs to get out more

Post by Graeme »

Welcome :)

I recognise your user name, are you on LH?
I was living in sheffield untill january, we may even have met?

My memory is terrible LOL
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Hi John and welcome.

I got shot of my 3 Lencos and got a Garrard 401, but thanks for the O ring, it did the trick.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."