Eliza Carthy

Share the music that moves you.......
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#1 Eliza Carthy

Post by Scottmoose »

Another favourite of mine & by far my favourite of the (relatively) recent female folk artists. Yeah, Kate Rusby is tallented, but Liza does it for me. Her fiddle playing is wonderfully energetic and vocally she's excellent -strong, slightly unrefined, warm, frequently mischevious.

What I find especially interesting is that she seems to improve with each album. Her last, Rough Music, is a terrific listen & the recording quality is more than acceptable too. Like all the best music of this type, it works equally well played softly, or with the wick cranked up & an evil grin. I defy anyone with even a passing interest in folk music not to love this; it's quite amusing watching people who claim to hate all music of this kind nodding away to Cobbler's Hornpipe or the opening Turpin Hero (ghastly name, especially for muggins here as a historian, but trust me, a terrific rendition). Primarily, her albums, especially this one, are downright fun to listen to. Buy & enjoy ladies & gentlemen.
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com