HIFI collective

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

#1 HIFI collective

Post by colin.hepburn »

Hi All
Great start with HI Fi collective :)
AS a first time user Great service small order of parts i forgot from parts connexion postage and tax less than a fiver delivered next morning cant say better than that :D :D well done HIFI collective
http://www.hificollective.co.uk/catalog ... c883566474
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Nick L is a good guy, though I fully admit to being biased.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Nick wrote:Nick L is a good guy, though I fully admit to being biased.
Hi Nick
That name rings a bell i think something to do with WAD amp designer :?: :?: at the time maybe yes i will be reordering from him soon :D
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Nick Lucas ran WAD before he left to start HiFi Collective.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Tony Moore
Old Hand

Post by Tony Moore »

Yes, I've always had superb service from Hifi Collective on small parts orders.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Nick L did me a good "deal" on my Tentlab modules !
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

#7 Re: HIFI collective

Post by colin.hepburn »

colin.hepburn wrote:Hi All
Great start with HI Fi collective :)
AS a first time user Great service small order of parts i forgot from parts connexion postage and tax less than a fiver delivered next morning cant say better than that :D :D well done HIFI collective
http://www.hificollective.co.uk/catalog ... c883566474
Huh Well I take back every think i said regarding HiFI Collective
AS i ordered some more parts on the 7th and still not go my order and he has not responded to my email inquiry i had to phone him to resolve this now due to a Monday Holiday i wont receive the order until Tuesday/Wed as a new customer i find this bad practice :x and not the best way to keep your customers in my view
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

He was on holiday from Monday this week to Wednesday. He had a email responder saying when he would be back, but I guess nothing on the web site. I know I am biased, but I think he is allowed a few days off?
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Nick wrote:He was on holiday from Monday this week to Wednesday. He had a email responder saying when he would be back, but I guess nothing on the web site. I know I am biased, but I think he is allowed a few days off?
Hi Nick
Sure I agree he is allowed a few days off? The same as anyone else I have no problem with that as you say nick there was nothing on the web site that I saw to inform me of this but he did give me a sending date by email a few hours after i made the order but which never happened and not responding to my email
i sent him yesterday to find out why thats what makes me angry
a simply return email was all that was required from him
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Hi Colin,

Obviously you appear upset by your experience. I would however offer in Nick Lucas' defence that for me with quite a few transactions from when he set up Hi-Fi Collective, I've had nothing other than a brilliant next day delivery service. I suspect your experience is very much an exception.

Best wishes,

Greg
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Ditto

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Yep perhaps it was bad timing
he has now confirmed that my order has been sent out today so all is forgiven :D however it makes me angry when you have to email a company to find out why there're a problem with an order and they don't respond I mean thy have got you cash
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
peperoni
User

Post by peperoni »

Hi Colin

I am fairly certain that the e-mail responce to your order is an automatic one and would be sent by the purchasing software - no human interference required. Also difficult to reply to am e-mail if you are on holiday.

JMHO

Nick
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

peperoni wrote:Hi Colin

I am fairly certain that the e-mail responce to your order is an automatic one and would be sent by the purchasing software - no human interference required. Also difficult to reply to am e-mail if you are on holiday.

JMHO

Nick
No I am aware of these automatic emails but this had nothing to do with that plus my email was sent in the early hours of Thursday morning after the holiday so should have been read first thing that morning why have a web email inquiry system if you are not going to read/answer it this is not just a fault of this company but many others In my view
PS. I would like to point out that after my phone call to nick of hifi collective there are now no further problems and hopefully was just a one off
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

No I am aware of these automatic emails but this had nothing to do with that plus my email was sent in the early hours of Thursday morning after the holiday so should have been read first thing that morning
I spoke to Nick L on Thursday lunch time, he was still working through the backlog of emails, so one sent on Thursday would have been at the back of the queue.